Comfort Bath

Being a pro hero is a big risk. You're risking your life for others. It's truly an honor for me to be here, to be able to be viewed as someone who could save you when you needed it - however, I am just as much afraid as I am not. I don't know if any day might be my last. Will I get crushed by debris? Maybe grinded to sand by a foe. I don't know, and because I don't know is why I'm scared of my relationship with Katsuki.

It's not like we aren't happy, even despite the fact our relationship can't be very public due to the media. I'm just scared that one day, one of us won't be there, and it isn't even far from happening. As a kid I wanted to be a pro hero because everyone did. It was just seen as cool. Now actually being here is ... weird. I love my job and doing what I can to contribute to society. I'm doing the dirty work so others don't have to, even if they think they want to. It's just hard to live through on those days where I'm off but Katsuki is out. I get anxious, constantly asking myself "What if he doesn't come home?".

That's a day like today. Though I just got home from being out. There was a villain attack just down the road and I was able to handle it, got away just before the reporters began to file into the scene. I needed a break and so I came home. Currently, I'm just sitting on the couch in my hero costume, having an existential crisis.

Katsuki is still out. He's probably dealing with a different attack farther away or something ... Man this has really made me anxious. Of course it has. I made it hard on myself like I always do. I guess I just gotta wait. Well, until then I'm gonna take a shower, I'm dirty as hell.

After my shower, I dry up and put on my comfortable clothes, laying on the bed. The house is really quiet. It's always quiet with Katsuki not around. I've never been as loud as him, not in kindergarten, middle school, or high school. I was always more of a recluse. I will never understand how I got with someone so boisterous, but god am I glad I did.

Downstairs, I hear the door being slammed shut and I spring up, jumping to my feet and hurrying out the room and down the stairs. I see Katsuki in his costume kicking off his boots and wiping his face.
"Babe!" I smile and speedily approach him, embracing him tightly. He grunts.
"Watch it, jerk, that hurts!" he says, his voice muffled in my chest as he returns my hug. I pull back and examine him. He's covered in scratches and burn marks. Sighing, I lightly hug him again.
"You okay?" I ask. I know he is, he's quite the trooper, but that doesn't stop me from asking.
"Of course I am," he takes of his eye mask off and wipes his eyes as he lays the mask down. I smile and take his hands.
"Let's bath together," I say, squeezing his hands. He quickly looks at me with widened eyes.
"Hah? Why??" he narrows his eyebrows. I press a kiss to his forehead and squeeze his hands again.
"I'm just ... Feeling a bit down in the dumps and a bath with my lovely boyfriend would cheer me up. I mean, you're off duty, yeah? Let's just relax for now," I turn and let go of him as I head back to the stairs, hearing his heavy steps following behind.
"Whatever, if you want," he grumbles.

We quickly enter the bathroom. It was still a bit humid from the shower I already took. Taking a bath, too, is kind of overkill but I just need the security of it with Katsuki. I go and start the water and put in the plug as Katsuki takes off his costume. The tub began to fill with water and I turned to face Katsuki, watching him undress. He looks back at me.
"What are ya' looking at?" he furrows his eyebrow at me and I just chuckle, walking up to him and wrapping my arms around his now half nude figure. He grunts. "What's with all the huggin'?" he leans his head against my chest.
"I just missed you, baby," I lean down and kiss his cheek as I unbuckle his belt and slip down his pants. He grips my wrists and I hum. "Hurry, now, the baths almost full," I pull back and head back to the bath, quickly removing my own clothes. He does the same and I climb into the bath with Katsuki doing the same right after me.

We sit in silence for a little while. I just lean against the rim and let myself sink into the water. Katsuki is a bit stiff, I can feel it. I lean over and press a gentle kiss to his lips. He let's out an agitated hum and returns my kiss. When I pull back my hands glide up his arms and over his biceps, trailing over his shoulders and neck before I cup his face in my hands.
"Your beauty is astonishing, y'know that?" I smile warmly as I squeeze his face a bit. He scoffs, his face visibly red as he buries it in one of my hands. I chuckle and close my eyes, letting out a content sigh. "I'm happy you're here." After I say that, Katsuki light pushes me back, a bit of water splashing over the side of the tub.
"What's wrong?" he asks, a usual frown on his face.
"Its nothing of importance," I assure him with a smile but he wasn't having it.
"You're always super affectionate when I come home after you, what's wrong?" he repeats his question, making me frown as well. We stare at each other for a couple moments. The silence was awkward, the atmosphere thick with concern. I sigh and lean back.
"Are you ever afraid you won't get a tomorrow? I sometimes got that fear when I was younger, it used to be a pestering thought that I doubted would actually come to fruition," I close my eyes. "But now that small and temporary fear has become my reality. I won't ever truly know that I will not die tomorrow. Then my fears for myself seap into my fears for my loved ones well-being. Like you. We have the same occupation and I cannot stress enough how much I am fucking horrified at the thought that instead of seeing you come through the front door I'll lose you forever," I say, my voice cracking as I can feel my heart wrench.

My eyes open when I feel a weight on my torso. Katsuki has moved and laid on top of me, his face in the crook of my neck and his arms around my chest.
"Dammit, idiot. I'm not gonna die. I'm the greatest hero to ever fuckin' live, you gotta stop thinking I'll fucking give in that easily," he says. He hasn't been as narcissistic since highschool. Most of the time when he claims things like being the 'greatest hero to ever fucking live' he's only saying that to remind me that I did, in fact, know him when we were younger. That we've gotten this far and it isn't hard to believe we'll go farther.
"I know, sweetheart, it's just ..." I trail off. "I can't help it. It's a bother to always think this and deep down I know it's not true. It's just an in-the-moment fear, I guess," I say under my breath as I wrap my arms around him. He sighs and the feeling of his breath on my neck relaxes me a bit more.
"I can't do shit to actually stop how you feel. I've never been good at that. Just ... Know that I don't plan on leaving you any time soon, ya got that?" he asks, but before I can respond he speaks again. "I ain't gonna drop dead and I swear to shit you better not, either. Get that through your thick skull, alright?" However, I don't respond and just hug him tighter, digging my face into his hair. He hums in false annoyance and presses against me a bit harder.
We just stay like that in the bath for what feels like an eternity.