Cradle

"Katsuki-tan ..." the young boy whispered quietly, garnering the attention of the previously weeping boy sitting on the leather sofa in the nurse's office. "Does it hurt?" the boy asked, his big eyes showing none but concern as the beady shine moved when he lowered himself to look at the bandages covering the other boys leg.

"No .." Bakugou sniffled, wiping his nose roughly with his forearm. He didn't want to be seen crying, especially in front of his friend, [Y/n]. He had been able to hone his abilities to stay tough over the few years he's been alive, but it was on occasion his fascade would falter.

Climbing onto the withered sofa, [Y/n] carefully scooted beside Bakugou, who's eyes grew glossy and wet one again. Brushing his hand over Bakugou's, [Y/n] assessed the bumps of his knuckles and softness of his young skin, before dragging his hand up over his baggy shirt, the fabric against his fingertips scratchy but soothing.

And suddenly, he hugged him.

"Its okay, Katsuki-tan! Your hurt will go away soon," he nuzzled his face against the others cheek, who almost instantly melted into his arms.

"[Y/n] ..." he whined quietly, clawing at his shirt almost pathetically as he rested against him. The stinging pain radiating up his leg and through his veins was unbearable at his age, but his mind was distracted from it by [Y/n]s secure caressing.

"I'll even carry you home if I need to!" [Y/n] exclaimed, pulling back and holding Bakugou's face in his hands, cupping his flushed, soft cheeks. "Don't be sad," he kissed the tip of his nose and hugged him again.

Huffing, Bakugou gently pushed [Y/n] away and hopped up onto his feet, his sneakers squeaking against the pristine tiles as he winced from the pressure surging through his bandaged leg. Though, through a pained expression, Bakugou gave [Y/n] a small thumbs up, making the other boy grin.

"Nothing I can't handle!" he said proudly, putting his hands on his hips as [Y/n] slid off the sofa to stand in front of him. He gaped at him in awe, surprised at how calm he was about this. It was the most tough thing a kindergartner could do: pay no mind to a wound.

"You're so strong, Katsuki-tan!"

-

Standing in front of the blemished wooden door, the once endearing and caring child hesitated, biting his lip. However, pushing past his own reluctance, he gently knocked against the scratched surface. There was no response, but he wasn't expecting one. Instead, after having knocked as a warning, [Y/n] grabbed the shimmering doorknob and opened the door.

Bakugou was seen on his bed, laying on his side and staring at the wall. He was still in his uniform, his bag propped up against his desk. Sighing quietly, [Y/n] took a couple steps into the tidy bedroom, approaching the bed.

"Bakugou-chan?" he headed over and kneeled down beside the bed. "Are you okay?" he tilted his head, though he already knew the answer, no matter how many times Bakugou would try and convince him otherwise.

After only getting an intelligible grumble as a response, [Y/n] frowned and stood, turning and very gently sat on the bed, his eyes scanning over Bakugou, who turned his head so his face wasn't visible, being dug into the pillow. Taking his hand, [Y/n] hesitantly and carefully began to stroke Bakugou's arm in a soothing manner.

"I-" [Y/n] stopped and just gently held his arm. "I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you ..." To this, Bakugou grunted and sat up, glaring daggers at [Y/n].

"I didn't need your help! I didn't need anybody's help! I could've fucking handled that on my own!" Bakugou exclaimed, his hands balling into fists. Shaking his head, [Y/n] reached over and ran a hand through Bakugou's hair.