Relationships

America: he used to be good friends with America. America really looked up to Mexico as he was older and really "cool". Mexico taught America many different things and were nearly inseparable as he would avoid his lessons from Spain to hang out with America. These two would constantly play out in the fields with no worries. When America got a little older things started to get a little bad as Mexico was becoming more rebellious and the two were looking for independence but were still close. However when Mexico was in his mid teens he drifted apart from America to go claim his independence. Later the two started to grow this strange rivalry with one another and that soon grew into hatred. America got greedy and wanted more land and seemingly forgot their friendship. These two fight over everything now. Every little thing America says somehow pisses Mexico off which then later leads to a series of name calling and possibly some punches. These two do share their moments of tranquility and seem to act like good friends but only on rare occasions. They are very passive aggressive towards one another. Mexico is actually rather jealous of America because of how good he has it. He doesn't have to worry about a lot of things like money, marginalization, availability of jobs, and he doesn't have to overwork himself to make a living. (Last idea was mentioned by 1vanewzhere2)

Austria: these two have a very confusing relationship. Austria merely saw Mexico as a subordinate when influencing Mexico and drew him insane. Austria was really controlling and had an authoritarian type of rule against Mexico and usually yelled at him for Mexico's rebellious nature. The two started off having a really sour relationship as he was tired of other powers trying to control him. Austria was very strict towards Mexico making him so annoyed with Austria and the fact that Austria himself is messy and Mexico had to clean up after him. Now in the present they are more civil with one another but Mexico finds it annoying that Austria is a messy person and very bossy. They talk but are not that close but Mexico entrusts him with one of his Father's head pieces as Mexico idolizes his father and Austria guards that thing with his life.

Canada: Mexico has known Canada when they were little kids and got along pretty well. The two would play with America all the time either playing hide and seek or messing with their father figures. Canada and Mexico weren't as close though in their childhood days. Now that they are older and more mature Mexico tends to hang out with Canada more than America now because of their bitter relationship. Canada and Mexico are really close friends and like to fool around in the kitchen and talk smack about others. Mexico is very fond of Canada and very protective of him not to mention a bit touchy but Canada doesn't mind as he likes the attention. Mexico has a thing for him but plays it off as a flirty friendship.

China: they get along fine with their food and all and China claiming that Mexico has a "nice atmosphere". China really likes Mexico's cooking and lifestyle and view of hard work. He really appreciates the young country. However he does nitpick about how products should be made which does annoy Mexico but China is older so he deals with it. China and Mexico visit each other to just talk about their childhood, cooking, parenting, the imperialism, and usually gossip about others. These two are friends.

Cuba: these two have known each other since they were tiny babies. Mexico always saw Cuba as his big brother and Cuba always protected and defended him especially from Spain's cruelty. However their relationship soured as they got older because of their bosses but the two still remain close to this day. Mexico shows his soft and cute side to Cuba and really adores him to no end. Mexico and Cuba love to shower each other with love. These two love to hang out with one another as the two party together, drink together, vacation together, everything. They do almost everything together. They consider each other as very close friends. Mexico and Cuba love to dance with one another and fool around with the other Latin American countries.

Denmark: this boy and Mexico are drinking buddies with Ireland joining in sometimes. These two are party animals and Denmark usually peer pressures him to come party with humans or with the other nations. They are quite close and enjoy each other's company.