Chapter 34

I took a step forward so that our faces were less than a foot apart from each other.

"Lucas Prescott," I flirted. "Now, if you knew that I knew which cleaning supplies to get, why did you feel the need to come with me?"

He moved his face closer. Six inches. "Well, don't say anything, but I kind of wanted to go into a closet with a cute girl."

"Hmm," I said. "That's rather scandalous."

"Don't tell my mother," he whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me to his body. I could feel each heavy, charged breath on my lips now. I could smell his cologne—a conglomeration of cinnamon, musk, and vanilla—and it had transformed into an intoxicating scent that drew me nearer.

"Luke," I murmured, snaking my arms around his neck, the electricity building up inside of me. Our faces were three inches apart now. "We should go back," I said, looking up into his hungry brown eyes. "You don't want him to find out, do you?"

His lips grazed mine for half a second, taunting me. "I don't want to talk about him," he whispered, his voice pregnant with tension. He then pressed his lips against mine, granting me with the rich, satisfactory kiss I was craving. I suppose I should have told him that it would be suspicious if we were gone too long, that we needed to return and do our jobs, but in that moment, as his lips danced against mine, I couldn't have cared less.

His hands cupped my face and he drank from my lips like I was his oasis in a desert. My hands wrapped around his torso, and before I knew it he moved his hands from my face and had snagged my waist. My eyes fluttered open as he broke off our kiss for a moment to spin me around so that my back was facing the door. Both of us panted for a long two seconds.

One. Two.

My fingers started to dance as I moved them forward to loosen his black tie before I took the tie to pull him forward and crash my lips against his own. I heard his hand slam against the door behind me and he kissed me for several seconds, but then his hands slithered down to my waist and under my butt so that he could lock his hands together and lift me up and spin me again, only this time, we crashed against another wall, my back supported against said wall. Now I was taller than him, and I wrapped my legs around his waist and bit my lip as I looked at him, and he let out heavy breaths as he looked at me with mischievous eyes. And then he started kissing me again. He had never kissed me like this before—there was a passion and even a desperation with his kisses, like it was the last time he'd ever lay his lips upon my own.

I liked it.

While our lips and our tongues played with each other, my hands occupied themselves by tanging up their fingers in Luke's golden-brown hair, mocking the mousse that was trying to keep each strand of hair in place, ignoring all the rules of decorum just as my lips were. He didn't keep me on the wall for too long, and soon he had stumbled back with me to the other side of the closet. Despite being drunk on each other, we both knew that there was a time limit to our make out session. We both knew that we couldn't stay in that supply closet forever, and in a way that made it more exciting. We kissed with a passion because we needed to make every second count, because there wouldn't be many.

Luke started lowering me, and I untangled my legs from his body. He peppered me with a rapid series of kisses all while I was lowered back to the floor. I moved my hands from his hair to his face, tracing his jaw as his hands traced my back, before I broke for a series of deep breaths. I could feel his pounding heartbeat against my chest, hear his heavy breaths. He wrapped his left arm further around my waist while his right hand came up. With two fingers, he tilted my chin upwards—staring at his gorgeous face and his addictive lips, I was ready to resume after a breather.

"See," he panted. He leaned forward and kissed my ear before whispering, "I told you secrets are hot." It sent a shiver down my spine. He withdrew his face from my ear and placed his head against the wall and looked at me with such a naughty and satisfied smile. Several strands of hair hung across his forehead, his clothes were ruffled and his tie hung loose, and his lips sported a hint of smeared lipstick. He looked sexier than anything at that moment.

I licked my thumb and started wiping at his lips. "Looks like you've got something there," I said.

He grinned. "You should see your lipstick," he said, helping clean mine up in return. When our now-shared lipstick was appropriately cleaned from our faces, I started readjusting my headband and re-tied my apron.

"Let me get your hair," I said to Luke.

"It's alright," he shrugged. "I'll just leave it." He took the step or two to the shelves in the back of the closet, grabbed a couple of cleaning products, and placed them in my hands. He leaned forward so that his face was inches away from my own. "Good thing you had me here to help you find your cleaning supplies."

I smiled. "What would I have done without you?"

He laughed and then swung an arm around my shoulders, turning me so that we faced the door. "I guess we'd better go see HRH now," he said.

"Luke," I started. "You'd better have some sort of great excuse planned or he's going to know. I'm sure he's made out with enough people to see the signs."

"Maybe," he said. He turned his face to me and with a mischievous smile said, "But who cares?"

"I thought you did," I answered.

"I do," he said, opening the closet door with his arm still around me. "So let's just play it out, shall we? If he doesn't notice, great, if he does..." He took his arm off me and turned around to face me fully. With a wicked smile he said, "well then, I guess that would probably piss him off, wouldn't it?"