Shopping and Meeting Lorelai

-- Edited --

The next morning Willow was awoken by Jess getting up to get ready for school. He agreed to drop the job at Walmart and finish school, for her if nothing else.

Willow got ready herself and met Luke downstairs in the diner. Luke was leaving Caesar in charge of the diner while he took Willow to shop for a bed, dresser, and a bookshelf that would be shared between Jess and Willow.

After seeing her horde of books much like her brother's Luke decided he didn't want them living on every surface of the apartment.

Willow was met with a busy diner when she made it to the bottom of the stairs.

"Oh! Who's this?" asked a woman sitting at the counter.

She had brown hair, and bright blue eyes, and she was cradling a cup of coffee.

"Lorelai, this is my niece, Willow. Willow, this is Lorelai. She runs the Independence Inn, and she has a daughter Jess's age, I mentioned her to you, Rory," Luke said as he cleared the counter of dirty dishes and handed them back to who she assumed was Caesar.

"Oh, hi. It's nice to meet you," she said in a quiet voice.

At that moment Luke remembered Willow's problem with talking to other people. She was fine when talking to him, or Jess, but she even had trouble holding conversations with her mother.

Her life had been filled with letting Jess take the lead and quietly standing behind him. This was because their lives were filled with mostly assholes who weren't worth talking to.

But now, here in this town maybe she could open up and make some friends. Hopefully starting with Rory Gilmore.

"Sorry, I forgot she's quiet around unfamiliar people," Luke stated.

Willow POV

Lorelai seems nice, and she was pretty.

"You ready to go? Is your brother ready for school?" Luke asked.

"Yeah, I'm ready, and I think he's ready," I say as I turn towards the stairs.

"I'll check," I say before running up to the apartment.

"Jessie, time for school!" I say bursting in the door.

"No yelling it's too early for you to be yelling," Jess says all grumpily.

"Well, aren't you just chipper, Jessie," I say with a smile.

"How are you so alive this early in the morning? Are you on some kind of drug that makes you annoyingly happy?" he asks confused.

"Seeing you just makes me happy!" I say giving him a hug.

"I like having you around too, Will. I missed you," he says, returning my hug.

"Come on, we both gotta go," I usher him out of the apartment.

"All right, let's head out. Caesar, I'm leaving," Luke yells as he follows Jess to the door, and I follow in back.

"Bye Lorelai," Luke says as we leave.

"Bye Luke Bye Willow," she says with a wave.

I wave back and call out to my brother as he crosses the street.

"Bye Jessie! Behave at school!" I yell waving.

"Shut up Willow!" he yells back, making me laugh.

"Jessie?" Luke asks as we get in his truck causing me to laugh again.

"He might kill me later for saying this in front of people, especially so loudly."

"You? No. Me? For sure, because I plan on repeating it later," Luke says as we drive away from the diner.

--

Luke POV

"I want these, they're pretty," Willow says looking at a bedding set that had a skull with rainbow detailing.

"You're an odd kid Willow," I say, shaking my head

She just laughs and puts it in the cart. We already had the bed, dresser and bookshelf in the truck.

She now had her new bedding set, a couple pillows, and a teddy bear. It was fluffy and brown with blue eyes.

She said she had to have it because he looked grumpy and reminded her of me, which caused me to try and give her an angry look that only made her laugh at me.

This kid really was weird. She, much like her brother, had a darker style, but unlike her brother she was normally bubbly and cheerful.

I know Jess can be just as caring and happy as his sister, we just need to get him to drop his guard, and let his walls down. Their mother really did a number on these kids.

"Anything else before we take this all back to the apartment. We can stop at Doose's after that," I say, pushing the cart.

"I don't think so," she says following me to the checkout.

We load the stuff up and get in the truck, Willow clutching her new bear, smiling.

// AN // - if the pictures doesn't show up it's a picture of Willow's bear, and the second one is her bedding.