Mattress That Wouldn't Leave

-- Edited --

Willow's POV

It is the next morning; we are all dressed, Lorelai and I have to go back to Stars Hollow.

I had gone to a couple of the coffee stands and traded them cash for their quarters. I got about ten dollars worth, and left them on Rory's desk with a note that said, for laundry.

"Alright, we should go. I called Luke last night, and he made me promise to get the truck back by two hours ago, so if I leave now, it's sooner than I planned."

"Thank Luke a lot for me, okay?" Rory asks us.

"Okay. Say goodbye to Paris and Tanna," Lorelai says.

"Will do."

"So, this is really it,' Lorelai says.

"Yep," Rory replies.

"You good?" she asks.

"I'm good. Just keep the pager with you," Rory says.

"Always."

"No more freak outs. You can do this," I say, hugging her.

Lorelai gives her a kiss, and we walk out.

--

We get to the diner and are immediately met by Luke.

"You're late."

"I'm sorry," Lorelai replies.

"It's okay. I told you to get it back three hours before I actually needed it back, and it worked out perfectly," he says.

"You rat."

"So, it's in park?"

"It's in park."

"Engines off?"

"Yes. Here are your keys. And thank you, Luke. I've been a huge burden on you the past couple of days."

"It's okay." her pauses.

"I don't believe it," he says rushing out of the dinner.

"It's like the horror movie, The Mattress That Would Not Leave My Truck."

"I had no choice."

"I may cry."

"Don't do that."

"I don't want this mattress."

"Just help me take it somewhere."

"Where? To the conveniently located old mattress drop-off station right around the corner?"

"Or if you could store it for a while..."

"I wasn't kidding about the crying."

"I'll call a charity, and have them come pick it up. I promise, and this time I mean it."

"And where's my spare tire?" Luke asks, confused.

"There was a spare tire?"

I had my spare tire back here."

"Oh, we must have accidentally unloaded it on one of our trips."

"Could you try to get it back?"

"Yes, as long as Paris hasn't made it into a planter yet, or I'll buy a new one, I promise."

"Okay. I'll see you later," he says, turning back to the dinner.

"Okay. Bye... Oh, and, um, Rory says thanks for everything, too. She said specifically to tell you," Lorelai says, stopping him.

"Okay, good. So, she's okay?" Luke asks.

"She's fantastic," Lorelai replies.

"Good." he replies, leaving.

AN // -- Last chapter was a bit longer, and this one ended up being pretty short. Sorry for that, wasn't planned. Hope you still liked/like them.

-- Izzy :)