Judgey People

-- Edited --

Willow's POV

I got up with Jess when it was time for him to get ready for school. Jess and I helped in the diner until it was time for him to leave.

The Gilmores came in, both asking for coffee to go because they were both late. Lorelai apologized and said that Luke had talked to her.

"I hope you are still up for dinner tonight, and make sure you come to me and Rory if you even need any girl talk," she said with a smile.

She's so nice. I definitely needed someone like her to come into my life.

About an hour after Lorelai left the diner slowed down a bit. I told Luke that I was gonna wander around town for a while.

"How long will you be gone?" He asks.

"I don't know... depends on what I find," I say as I head out the door.

I walk across the street and wander around the town square looking at all the different businesses. Of course the book store catches my eye. I make my way over and enter, immediately I feel happier.

Books were my happy place. I count my money before I wander the store. I had a little saved up from doing odd jobs in our old apartment complex in New York. That was before Liz moved us in with her boyfriend.

Wandered around, sat and read, then wandered some more. I ended up getting myself three new books and one for Jess. After paying I wander back toward Luke's, but stop off at Doose's before going home.

I enter and immediately head to the back of the store and make my way back up. I grab ingredients to make brownies and chocolate chip cookies. I'm gonna bring them to dinner at Lorelai's.

As I reach the front I hear Taylor talking, but he doesn't see me. I have yet to actually meet him, or anybody else from Stars Hollow, other than the Gilmores, but Jess had pointed out a few people while working in the diner.

"I haven't met the girl yet, but I've seen her when going into Luke's. Have you seen the bruises on her? I'm sure she's a hoodlum, just like that brother of hers. Nothing but trouble, both of them," Taylor says as he rings a lady's groceries.

My heart drops, he doesn't even know me. He has no idea what I've been through and he's standing there and judging me, and my brother. He finally spots me seeing, as I was next in line.

He freezes as we make eye contact, and I feel the tears well up in my eyes.

I drop my basket and walk to the door, but not before looking back at him.

"Why are you so mean? I ask.

"You don't even know what happened and you judge," I yell as the tears roll down my face.

I clutch my books tight and run to the diner. I rush in and run for the stairs.

"What happened?" Luke calls after me.

"This town sucks!" I say through the sobs that have now started swelling in my throat.

I run up the stairs and slam the door behind me.  I drop my books on the floor next to my bed and curl under the covers, hiding from the world as I let everything loose. All the feelings I had built up were all cried out for me.

Luke wasn't far behind me. He quietly closes the door before making his way over to me. I felt him sit on the edge of my bed.

"What happened Willow?" he asked, concern filled his voice.

"Taylor's mean," I cry out.

"What did he say?" he asks, pulling back the blanket.

I say nothing for a minute and instead just continue to cry. Luke runs his hand through my hair, which calms me down a bit.

"Nothing that he says matters," Luke tells me.

"He said I was just as bad as Jess. He called us hoodlums and said we were nothing but trouble," I said.

Now there were only silent tears and a few sniffles.

Luke's POV

I'm gonna kill him. He's gone too for this time. Taylor has no right to talk about Willow that way, or Jess for that matter.

"I'll deal with him, Willow, don't you worry about him. How about you come down to the diner for some pie?" I ask her, still running my hand through her hair.

"Okay," she whispered.

We both get up and she wipes the last remaining tears for her eyes. We walk downstairs and she sits at the empty counter. I hand her a piece of apple pie and then get her some vanilla ice cream.

"Thanks, Uncle Luke," she mumbles, not looking up.

She eats and I tend to some customers. About an hour later she is still sitting at the counter, now reading a book she had retrieved from upstairs.

Then I see Taylor making his way across the street. I run out and meet him on the sidewalk before he can make it to the door.

"No, you're not welcome here anymore!" I yell at him.

"What do you mean? What is this about Lucas?" he asks confused.

"What I mean is I refuse to serve you because of what you said to that little girl," I say pointing at Willow sitting inside the diner.

She has looked up from her book because of the shouting, but won't turn around.

"You have no idea what she has been through. You have no idea what happened to her, but you feel entitled to judge her and call her names. You have no right to judge her, she is an amazing kid," I finished yelling.

Taylor stands there stunned, before mumbling out a response.

""I'm sorry. I didn't mean-" I cut him off.

"My ass, you didn't mean." I turn back to the diner before stopping again.

"I'm not the one you need to try and apologies to, she is, but you don't get to do that right now, she's still mad at you," I say before walking up the steps and slamming the door closed.

"Thank you, Uncle Luke," she says looking at me with a small smile.

I walk over and kiss her on the head.

"You're a good kid Will, so is Jess," I say before getting back to my other customers.

// AN // -Taylor being Taylor - kind of an ass

-- Izzy :)