Reading Out Loud

-- Edited --

After I stopped freaking out Jess and I lay on our beds. Jess had gone to the bookshelf, picked one of my favorite books and started reading to me. He would always read to me growing up, that's why I love books so much.

He was able to take me away from our messed up lives and take me somewhere happier, and full of adventure. Somewhere better. The last time he had done this was that night before he left.

Even though I was the one who convinced him to leave, I sat with Jess on his bed that night and wouldn't stop crying.

I wouldn't remove my arms that were wrapped tightly around his waist. Not until he leaned over to the bedside table and picked up Little Women, one of my favorites.

I had offered to let Jess borrow it, but he always turned me down. But, there he sat, with me clinging to him, as he read Little Women out loud to me.

Now, months later, in the tiny town of Stars Hollow, once again Jess lays across from me, reading Little Women out loud to me.

Jess POV

As Luke made his way into the apartment I quickly motioned for him to be quiet. Luke nodded, and we both looked over at Willow. She wasn't asleep yet, but she was close, clutching her new bear.

I started reading again and didn't stop until I was for sure she was asleep.

Then I reach over to turn off the lap between our beds.

"Night Jess," Luke quietly called across the apartment.

"Goodnight Uncle Luke," I say as I curl up in my bed.

// AN // - Just a short chapter with a special moment between Jess and Willow