Date

-- Edited --

Willow's POV 

It was just after one. Scarlett had called and said she would be here soon to come get me. I was trying to help out, but I was buzzing with excitement.

I was annoying Luke and hadn't gotten to see Jess to inform him about my date.

"Will you slow down? You're gonna make a mess, which I'll make you clean up before you leave," Luke states.

I give up on helping. The dinner wasn't very busy, anyway. I sit across from him at the counter.

"Sorry. I'm just really excited. I've never been on a date," I tell him.

"Really? Never. How is that possible?" he asks.

"Well, I'm not the most talkative, or confident person. You know that. And it's not like I'm chasing after people like Jess is," I state.

"I get what you're saying. It actually makes me feel better knowing you haven't gone out with anyone," my protective uncle tells me.

"I wonder what we're gonna do?" I say, thinking out loud.

"Well, you can ask her now," Luke says, nodding behind me.

I turn around and see Scarlett through the window. Her hair was in a ponytail and she was wearing a light blue slip dress that had pink flowers on it that hit just above her knees.

I had gone over to Rory's and borrowed a dress. It was a flowy slip dress that was black and had little red roses covering it. She had also pinned my hair back on either side, curled it into loose waves.

I jump up and run around the counter, giving Luke a quick hug around the waist.

"Bye Luke. See you later," I say, running out the door after getting my bag from the counter.

"You be safe," he calls after me.

I meet Scarlett just outside the door. We both smile and she takes in my appearance.

"Don't you look adorable. You should really wear dresses more often," she states.

"Thank you. I had to steal this from Rory. You look lovely too," I tell her.

She sticks out her hand, and I take it. She guides me back the way she came, so I wave through the window, smiling. Luke is watching and returns them both.

It's nice having someone there to worry about me. Even if something were to happen, I know he's there to save the day.

We keep walking and she leads me to the lake. On the edge of the bank, there is a blanket where a basket and a stereo sit.

I take it all in and smile big, turning to look at her. I see her smiling too.

"You like it?" she asks.

"This is amazing," I state.

We sit, and she grabs the basket.

"While you were off getting pretty, I ran into Luke's and asked him what your favorite foods were. He told me you liked his burgers, so he made me a couple and had Caesar deliver them to my house, so you wouldn't know. He also told me what else you liked, so I made a trip to Doose's."

"I've got strawberries and blueberries with whipped cream, chocolate covered donuts, baby carrots, and a pint of chocolate ice cream," she states.

I just kind of stare at her and the food for a second and then lean over to kiss her. The kiss is soft, and my tummy twirls in a happy way. I can taste her wild cherry chapstick she always carries on her.

We pull back and lock eyes.

"You are an amazing person," I tell her, still leaned in close.

We eat and chat. Later we lay down and play the radio, changing the station after every few songs. We cuddled up close and shared a few more kisses.

"Scar?"

"Yeah, Will?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

She turns away from the sky and looks at me.

"I'd love to," she replies with a smile.

We kiss again and go back to looking at the clouds.

When we finally decide to call it a day pack up the basket and fold up the blanket. We walk back to Luke's both carrying basket.

"I had a great time," I state.

"As did I," Scarlett replies.

I glance over my shoulder quickly, checking in the window, and turn back to her, giving her a kiss before smiling and heading into the diner. I stroll in grinning.

"I saw that," Luke says from the counter.

"And?" I ask, smiling still.

"Did you like the burgers?"

"Yes. Thank you," I reply.

"How was the rest of the date?" he questions, leaning on the counter.

"Amazing. She's amazing," I say, leaning on the other side of the counter, tilting my head.

"I'm glad to hear," he says smiling at me.

I go upstairs and flop on my bed and let out a string of giggles.

She's amazing!

AN // - I realize I always feel the need to make my characters a little like me. I don't know why, but I always give them some significant trait that comes from myself. And, so the socially awkward bi girl has created, a little awkward bi girl -- who just went on her first date. I hope you thought it was as adorable as  I did. 

-- Izzy :)