Staying Out and Wearing Shorts

-- Edited --

Willow's POV

After the guys left, we sat in the living room watching a movie and eating dessert. During the movie I fell asleep between Rory and Lorelai. I didn't wake up until the sun started shining in my eyes.

I sat up, and Rory had left, but Lorelai was still asleep under me. She had her head against the arm of the couch with her legs tucked under her. My head had been resting on her stomach and her left arm was draped over me.

I sat up and walked towards the kitchen where I heard movement. Rory was in her school uniform and was grabbing Poptarts for breakfast.

"Morning, we need to get mom up," she said.

She walked into the living room and woke Lorelai up before saying she needed to leave.

Rory and I talked as we walked to the diner. As we approached, I saw it was filled with people. Luke disappeared into the kitchen as we made it to the door, so Rory sat at the counter and I started helping with customers. When he came back out he freaked out when he saw me.

"Where the hell were you?" he yelled.

"What do you mean? I was with the Gilmores," I said.

"You didn't think to call or something. I thought something might have happened to you, or you ran off," he said, still angry.

"Luke, we all fell asleep watching a movie. We came right here when we woke up. I promise she didn't do anything," Rory said, defending me.

"And it's Stars Hollow. Does anything happen here anyway?" I ask.

"That's not the point, you didn't come home, and I was worried," he says.

"I'm sorry. We were enjoying ourselves and we fell asleep. I didn't think to call because I didn't plan on staying. And I know you'd be asleep even if I called," I said, tears welling in my eyes.

I don't think he expected me to break down. If it had been Jess, it would have turned into a yelling battle. I don't think he really knows how to deal with me, he never really did.

He sighed and walked over to me. He gave me a hug.

"I was just worried, Willow. Make sure you call next time, and don't let this happen again," he whispered.

I feel awful. I stayed out all night, and I made Luke worried. I'm acting like Jess, I don't do stuff like this.

Rory left for school and so did Jess. I went up and showered. When I was done I came out of the bathroom and noticed how messy the apartment was.

I pick up dirty clothes until I have enough to make a full load. I start the washer and finish picking up the rest of the clothes, leaving them on the floor next to the washer.

I pick up any books that belong to me or Jess and organize them on our shelves. I wash and put away the dishes in the sink and then walk down to the diner, my hair still wet.

I rounded the corner and walked behind the counter, stopping when I got to Luke.

"Why are you dressed like that?" he asked as he looked at me.

"What do you mean? There's nothing wrong with what I'm wearing," I say.

I'm wearing a pair of loose fitting gym shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt. My shorts definitely weren't too short, in fact they were a little long, that's how I liked them.

Of course I also wasn't wearing any shoes, but that was because I'm lazy. I pulled my wet hair into a bun on my head.

"I know I don't have shoes on, but I just got out of the shower and I wanted some coffee. I came down here to get some real quick and then I was gonna head back upstairs," I explained.

"It's not the shoes, it's the shorts, and the no sleeves. You shouldn't be walking around like that," he said.

"These are long shorts and they are loose, and my shirt covers everything, I don't see what the problem is," I replied.

"I don't want guys to get the wrong idea. What will people think when they see you dress like that?" he asked.

I look around the dinner to see who all is there. I know a few people because of them coming into the diner so often.

I spot Miss Patty sitting by the window.

"Miss Patty, what do you think of this outfit?" I ask her.

"Too revealing?" I ask.

"Oh, no dear. You look fine, and very cute I might add," she says smiling at me.

"Thank you, Miss Patty," I say.

"Gypsy, what do you think? Sending the wrong message?" I ask.

"If your message was, cozy with clean hair, it was well received," she said as she picked up her cup and took a sip.

"I think she looks fine, Luke. Lighten up, and like you said at the town meeting, she's a good kid," Babette said.

I looked at him confused. He had talked about me at the town meeting?

"Fine, you look fine. I just don't want anything to happen to you Willow," he said.

"Thanks, Uncle Luke," I said.

I grabbed a cup of coffee and walked back upstairs. I sat at the kitchen table with a book and my coffee and got lost for a few hours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN // Thank you for over 200 reads!!

- Izzy :)