Aftermath and Funeral

-- Edited -- 

Willow's POV 

When I wake back up a couple hours later my head is pounding. I change and take some Tylenol, making sure I get to smell of alcohol off my breath when I brush my teeth.

I help Jess in the diner. The place is full and there is a guy just sitting alone at a table, only drinking coffee.

Jess carries out someone's order and there is a lady yelling at him she wants ham.

"Is this what I ordered," a guy asks, as Jess puts a plate in front of him.

"Yes," Jess walks back to the lonely coffee guy.

"You know what you want yet?" Jess asks him.

"Oh, uh, no, not yet."

"You know what might help?" Jess asks.

"What?" the guy asks.

"Opening the menu," Jess says, handing one to him.

"Yes, thank you for the tip," he says.

I'm working the register when Jess goes up to Caesar, asking for ham.

"No ham," he replies.

"We got a shipment of ham yesterday," I say.

"No ham," Caesar repeats.

"Caesar, there is a lady over there that has been saying she wants ham for the last 20 minutes, and if I go back there empty-handed, there is a 50/50 chance that she will eat me," Jess says.

"No ham," Caesar says again.

"Then sew some bacon together because that woman is getting ham," he says and walks off.

He walks back to the guy who's order he had gotten wrong and handed him the right plate, taking the other.

"Who ordered this? Look in front of you. If there is nothing there and there should be, then this is yours," Jess calls out.

"Oh, here," Kirk says from behind Jess.

Then back to lonely coffee guy.

"Well?"

"What?"

"Do you know what you want yet?" Jess asks.

"I'll just have more coffee," he replies.

"More coffee coming up. Glad to make your dining dreams come true," Jess says, walking off again.

"I'll get him," I tell Jess.

Then Taylor comes in singing and handing out flyers and singing Candy Man. There are people following him in costume.

"Yes, that's right, the candy man can, 'cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good, and, I, ladies and gentlemen, am the Candy Man! Your Candy Man. I'm mixing it with love and making Stars Hollow taste good," he says.

I pour the coffee and then realize Taylor is blocking my path.

"Move!" I yell from behind him.

"In a second Willow. Give her a taffy," he moves to the side and I'm able to slip past and get to my tables.

"I have come to announce to one and all that the day we thought would never get here has arrived!" Taylor says.

"Arbor day?" Kirk asks.

"No," he replies.

"The day of reckoning?" Kirk asks again.

"No."