Tacos and Thanksgiving Plans

-- Edited --

Willow's POV 

The Gilmore girls didn't come in this morning, so I didn't get to see them for most of the day. It's winding down and getting close to the time we close when they come in with a bag of food. 

They really are unique creatures. Luke walks over to them with two coffee mugs.

"What are you doing?" he asks confused.

"Recovering from a day with my parents. Want a taco?" responds Lorelai, grabbing stuff out of her bag.

"I do," I say, putting my book down and walking over to their table.

"Um, no thanks. See I already have food here. We sell it to the other customers, who don't come quite as prepared as the two of you," he says.

"Hum. Be nice and get us some salsa," she says.

"At least order a cup of coffee."

"Coffee and tacos?" Rory with a disgusted look on her face.

"Sounds just gross enough to work," Lorelai says.

Jess came from the apartment and went to, 'get a part for his car.'

Luke asked where she got the tacos and she mentioned their trip to Yale. Rory left saying she needed to study, but I knew where she was going.

"Bye, Luke. Bye, Willow," she says, leaving.

"Bye."

"Bye!" I call after her.

"Uh, listen, I just want you to know, I had a little talk with Jess earlier," Luke says, taking Rory's seat.

"You did?" Lorelai asks, fake shocked.

"Yes, I did, and I really laid down the rules concerning him and Rory. Trust me. He now knows that I will be watching them every second they are together," he says, happily.

"Oh, good," Lorelai says smiling.

"Yep!"

"That didn't work," I mumble, taking a bite of my taco.

"What?" he asks.

"Yeah. You know, they're together now?" Lorelai says, looking at him.

"What?" he asks again.

"Yeah. I have to get a par for my car. I have to study. That's kid code, for meet me at the previously agreed upon location, far away from my clueless uncle," Lorelai says.

"She's totally right," I say.

"You're kidding me, right? You don't really think that-- damn! They are! They're together! They used the kid code and now they're together," Luke says.

"It's okay, Luke."

"It's okay, Luke. They are out there right now, doing God knows what, completely unsupervised! How do you let this happen?" Luke yells.

They bicker back and forth for a little while longer and then Luke gets up to go look for Jess and Rory, telling Caesar he would be back. He turns to the door, but turns back to grab Rory's sweater.

"You're not really gonna sniff it?!" Lorelai asks.

"Go on, boy. Save her before she falls in the well!" I say grinning.

"Quiet. It's cold out. She might need it," he says, grabbing it and leaving.

"I think they're fine," I say as I continue eating.

"Yeah," she says.

--

Thanksgiving is tomorrow, so we have some time off school, which I would spend most of either working at the dinner, or at the books store, spending the money I got from the dinner.

I see the Gilmores walk in as I'm coming down the stairs.

"Hey. Anywhere?" Lorelai asks.

"Anywhere," Luke says, pouring coffee.

She walks up to the table that is right by the door and occupied.

"Hmm... do you mind moving?" she asks them.

"I hate when you do that," he says, guiding her away.

"It's my show stopper," she says.

"An empty table," he says.

"Oh! You ready to order?" she asks Rory.

"I'm ready," she says.

He tells them he already put in an order for their Wednesday usual and they seem thrilled.

"I've got to get back to stuffing my turkey," he says.

"Oh honey, do you have time to do that and prep your Thanksgiving?" Lorelai jokingly asks.

"Stop it," he says.

"Here, here," Rory says.

"I think that was great. Good job, Lorelai," I say.

"Thank you. Well, what if we told you could stuff one less?" Lorelai says.

"What do you mean?" Luke asks.

"We got jammed, Shanghaied by my mother, and with the other things we've got going, well, too many commitments, not enough us," she says.

"So?" he asks, not understanding.

"We can't make it tomorrow," Rory says, kind of sad.

"Oh, okay. Fine," he says, sounding a little sad himself.

When he mentioned having Thanksgiving with them I was excited, and I know for sure he was too.

"It was beyond our control," Lorelai tries to explain.

"That's fine. Whatever. I'll-I'll be right back," he says, walking away.

"Yeah," Lorelai says.

"I may be crazy, but he almost looked-"

"Disappointed," Rory finishes.

"Yes. Disappointed," Lorelai says.

"I'm kind of disappointed. This was kind of the first Thanksgiving for me, and I was happy you guys were gonna be here," I say, sitting at their table.

"He's the Grinch, and we're Cindy Lou Who," Lorelai says.

"So, Cindy Lou, what do we do?" Rory asks.

Lorelai fakes a phone call, saying they have to cancel their plans with someone, just as Luke walks up with their food.

"As luck has it, we can make it. We'll definitely be here," she says.

"It's okay," he says, trying to reassure her.

"No, it's all clear. That was my mom, and the time's gonna work out fine," she says.

"You don't have to. I already stopped prepping the last turkey," he says.

"Well, start prepping it again, 'cause we are coming," she says, putting her phone down.

"I don't want you to feel like you have to come. It won't be a hassle?" he asks.

"It won't be a hassle," she replies.

"You sure?"

"We're coming. Now go away and let us eat. Shoo, shoo," she says, waving her hand.

"That was very nice," Rory says.

"Well, I hate disappointing people," Lorelai says.

"You guys are awesome. Love you," I say getting up, and working again.

I walked into the back to do dishes while Caesar cooked, and Luke prepared for tomorrow. He looked happy; I think he's excited.

AN // -- Thank you for 550 reads!! y'all are amazing. 

Love y'all. xoxo

 - Izzy :)