Parties and Punches

-- Edited --

Willow's POV 

Jess ended up going to school, seeing as he had no way to work. Later I attended Lorelai's birthday party.

--

I went to Rory's house with Jess to watch Lane and her band practice because they have a gig coming up.

"Whoa, cool," Zack says.

"We all finished at the same time," Dave says.

"That has never happened," Lane adds.

"The middle of that song didn't even sound like us," Brian says, happily.

"Yeah it sounded good," Dave says.

"It sounded great, guys," Rory tells them.

"Yeah, all of it," I reply.

"Didn't it?" Rory asks Jess.

"Not too shabby?" he says.

"We are so ready for this gig," Dave says.

"We've got a gig. I just love the sound of that." Lane says, grinning.

"Where is it?" Jess asks.

"Kyle, from school, his parents are going to this marriage encounter for the weekend, so he is throwing this Mondo party," Lane says.

"Ya got enough songs?" he asks.

"We have enough for two half-hour sets, but what we need is a name," Dave says.

They argue about the name and the three of us just sit back and listen. They ask for suggestions and we have none. Then Lane goes into how she is able to go to the party.

Jess nods to the door, and they get up, saying goodbye. I follow.

"So, any word on your car?" Rory asks.

"Nothing."

"You think someone would have found it. It was pretty one of a kind," Rory says.

"It is probably holed up in some chop shop. Say goodbye. It's gone. Whatever. Let's talk about something else," Jess says.

"I like that you are getting to know Dave a little better."

"Yeah, he's a cool guy."

"Good. It is going to make the four of us going to prom together even more fun," Rory says.

"Ah, yes. I almost forgot about the prom."

"No, you were trying to forget about the prom."

"I agreed to go, and I am a man of my word."

"How's that arm I twisted?"

"I got the feeling back in."

"I have to go. I'm meeting Scarlett," I say.

I walk back to the diner and sit out on the front step with my book. After about ten minutes I see a body stop in front of me.

I look up to see my lovely girl standing there.

"Hello, sweet girl," she greets me with a smile.

"Hi," I say, standing up and giving her a kiss on the cheek.

I take her hand and turn back to the diner. I get Luke's attention, giving him a smile and wave before heading off with Scarlett.

We went to the bookstore, walked around, and got ice cream.