Present from Luke

-- Edited --

Willow's POV

I arrived home and stopped at the diner before heading over to Sookie's to talk to her. She's so easy to talk to, she listens, and she gives great advice when I need to.

This time I just needed someone to listen while I talked for a bit and she was able to do that. She's gonna be a wonderful mom.

I spent the rest of my Summer sleeping in the apartment.

--

Today was the day Luke got home. I was happy to have him back; I miss him a lot.

I cleaned up the apartment and sat by the window waiting for him to arrive. When he finally pulled up, I ran downstairs to greet him.

He was barely to the door when I opened it and caught him in a hug.

"Good to see you too, Willow," he says.

"I missed you," I say looking up at him.

"And I'm not letting go," I say, hiding my face in his chest and squeezing tighter.

"Then I'm just going to keep the present I got you," he replies.

I gasp and look up at him.

"You're lying. You didn't get me anything. You don't like me enough," I say, glaring at him a little.

"I like you plenty, now let go, or I'm throwing it in the lake," he says.

"Ugh, fine," I say letting go.

"Can you help me get my stuff?" he asks.

"Will you make me food if I do?" I ask.

"You act too much like Lorelai, and yes, but only if you help me get this upstairs," he says, grabbing his big suitcase.

We brought all of his stuff up and he decided we should eat in up here instead of in the diner. We make dinner together and sit at the table. We talk about Liz and Nicole and talk about what little news we had from Jess.

We are both almost done eating when he gets up and goes to his bag. He brings back something wrapped in brown packing paper.

"You actually got me a present."

"Yeah, open it," he says.

I rip the paper and it's a book. I smile when I see it's a book. My smile drops when I turn it over and see what book.

"I saw it and thought you might like it. I thought it was funny seeing as I was on a cruise and it's about a whale and sailing- you know- I thought you'd like it. I didn't know if you had read it yet," he says.

"I do like it, and no I have not read it. It's just- um," I cut myself off and just look at the book for a minute.

"What's wrong?" Luke asks.

Tears well up in my eyes and I take a deep breath, trying to keep from breaking down.

"It's just, um," I stop again.

I look up at him, and he looks concerned.

"I haven't read it-" I stray off and he nods at me, showing he understands, and for me to keep going.

"But Jess has," he head drops.

"Moby Dick. This is one of his favorites."

Tears finally start rolling down my face and I look up at Luke and smile at him.

"Thank you, Uncle Luke," I say, hugging the book to my chest.

I get up, the book still in my hand, and hug him.

"I'm happy I came back. I'm happy you're back," I say hugging him.

"I'm glad you came back too, Will."

"I just miss him, so much," I say, sobbing into his shoulder.

He hugs me tight. Finally, I calm down and I head over to my bed. I wipe the last stray tears from my face and look down at the book. I look over at Jess' bed.

I grab my bear and walk over to Jess' bed and crawl under the covers, sitting my book on the nightstand.

I could hear Luke cleaning up in the kitchen and then the sound of him putting some of his stuff away.

I was almost asleep when I felt someone run their hand through my hair and kiss my head.

"Goodnight, Willow," Luke says.

"Night, Uncle Luke," I manage to mumble out.

A calm sleep takes over me. 

AN // -- Made a new story, Jess Mariano's Daughter, please give it a read. 

I hope y'all like it. 

-- Izzy :)