Bookstore Collision

-- Edited --

Willow's POV

Jess is having dinner with Rory and her grandmother tonight and Luke told me to take the night off, so I'm wandering around town. 

There's not much to do, so I stop by the bookstore. I head over to the literature section and look for a book Jess hasn't read yet. 

I'm getting him a book because I wanna get him a present because he's been pretty nice to me lately, but also getting him a book means I get to read it when he's done.

I walk away to look in other sections and end up running into someone. The impact was able to knock me into my butt.

"I'm sorry, are you okay?" the person above me asks.

I look up and I'm met with a pair of green eyes, and light brown hair.

I get lost in those eyes, but after a second I pull myself back to reality.

"Oh, yeah. I'm fine. I didn't land that hard. Are you okay?" I ask.

He helps me up and leans down to pick up my books.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Nice choice by the way," He says handing my books to me.

"Thanks. You read?" I ask.

Or course he reads, dummy. You're in a bookstore. Me scolding myself and him looking at me makes me flustered.

"Yeah, I read a little, but I really stopped in here because my sister wanted to," he says.

"That's cool. I have an older brother. He's with his girlfriend tonight and our uncle gave me the night off, so I decided to come hide out here," I say.

"Your uncle?" he questions.

"Luke. As in Luke's Diner," I reply.

"Oh! So that makes you Jess' sister. I didn't know Jess had a sister."

"Yeah, I came here a little after him. How do you know him?"

"We're not friends, but we do have a couple classes together. He's in my grade," he tells me.

So he's two years older than me, two grades above me.

"I'm Theodore by the way, well, Theo. Everyone calls me Theo," he says.

"Nice to meet you Theo. I'm Willow. Some people call me Will," I say, as I stick my have out for him to shake.

Why am I doing this? I don't talk to people. I should have ran off. No, that wouldn't have worked he knows Jess. But they aren't even friends.

"This is my sister, Scarlett," he says, and points behind me.

I turn around and I'm trapped again by a pair of green eyes and wavy, light brown hair.

Shit.

They are both so pretty. Handsome? He's pretty, she's handsome. No, crap. That's backwards. Shit again.

"Hi, I'm Scarlett. I think I've seen you at school," she says.

"Hey, I'm Willow. I'm not sure. I feel like I would have noticed someone like you. I mean, um," I panic.

"It's okay. I'm a junior. I think we have history the same hour. Different teacher though," she says.

"Yeah, I have Johnson, but he only teaches sophomores," I reply.

"She's Jess' sister," Theo says.

"I didn't know Jess had a sister."

"I don't think anyone did. Other than Luke, 'cause, you know, family," I'm freaking out again.

"You should have lunch with us. We have a few of the same friends, so we sit together," Scarlett says.

"I'd love to. I'll leave you to wander," I say backing away.

"Okay. we'll see you Monday," Theo says.

"See you Monday. Have a good weekend," I say.

"Bye," they both say, walking out, seeing as they hadn't gotten anything.

I settle on Just my two books and go up to the counter to pay.

I might have a couple more friends.

I grin to myself, as I walk back to the diner.

Or maybe something more...

But with which?

I never said she was straight. :) 

Thank you for 3000 read.

-- Izzy :)