Lawyers, Fishing, and Weddings

-- Edited --

Willow's POV

I'm working in the diner, helping Jess clear a table when a woman comes in and walks up to us.

"Excuse me. Hi, I'm looking for a Mr. Lucas Danes?" she says.

We look at each other and then look at him across the room.

"Lucas!" I say.

"Oh, Lucas," Jess continues.

"What?" He asks.

"IRS," Jess says

"I'm not IRS. I'm not IRS," she says to Jess and then to Luke.

"I'm Luke Danes," he says.

"Luke Danes, sorry. Well, hello, Luke Danes. I'm Nicole Leahy. I'm Taylor Doose's attorney," she says.

"Oh, jeez," he signs.

"That man's crazy," I say from the counter.

"He wanted me to bring-"

"Yeah, the lease agreements. Yeah, I told him to walk them over here, but hey, what's the fun in being Taylor, right?" Luke says.

"Yeah. Crazy," I replied.

"I'm sorry if this is a bad time. It certainly won't take me long," she says.

"No, fine. Whatever. Let's get this over with."

"No problem," she says.

"You want some coffee?"

"Yeah, sounds great. I really just need to witness your signature, is all. It's actually just a formality," she tells him.

"In other words, completely ridiculous and unnecessary," he replies.

"Uh-huh."

"Okay."

"Mr. Doose really likes things to be formal... and neat... and in triplicate. He just loves things in triplicate," she says, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Because he's crazy," I say, walking away to bring food to table.

I hear her mention she isn't Taylor's only lawyer, and it was just her month to deal with him.

"My condolences," Luke says.

"Yes, you poor woman," I say sympathetically.

"My father always told me, that which does not kill you makes you stronger," she replies.

"You're gonna be really strong," Luke tells her.

"Indestructible," I say.

"He's not that bad."

"Seriously, if you run into someone pinned underneath a truck, pick it up. It's gonna be a piece of cake," Luke says.

"And then throw the truck at Taylor," I say, grabbing the coffee pot.

"Okay, looks like that's the whole nine yards," Luke says, handing her the papers.

"Great. You and Mr. Doose are officially in business together," she tells him.

"Oh, poor Luke," I say.

"I'm so sorry. I meant that as a good thing," she says.

"It's okay," he replies.

She goes to pay, and he stops her. She says to let Taylor pay for it and gives him a smile.

Jess and I walk up to him smiling, just witnessing the whole encounter.