prologue

*

*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*

"I can't do this anymore," the King muttered to his wife, pacing around his study while she sat on a chair, legs crossed, hands resting gently on her thigh. "What if next time it's one of us? Our son?"

The Queen stood up and slowly walked to her anxious husband, placing a small hand on his shoulder, guiding him down to his seat. "We've already lost one son, dear. Please don't think like that." The King guiltily looked down, glancing at the portrait that was hidden in the shadows. The warm eyes of his youngest son looking down on him. It was like they bore through his soul, cursing him for what had happened. "Plus, look how far away from Earth we are." She fluttered her pale pink wings. "We're safe."

"But Earth isn't." The King pursed his lips. "Get me Alatar, I need him." The Queen sighed, but left him anyway to alert the staff of the King's request. It only took two minutes for the news to get out, a gust of wind letting the kingdom know that the warlock had arrived. He was led to the King's study, bowing slightly, closing the door behind him.

"You requested me, sir?" The King nodded and gestured for him to sit down.

"I need your help, specifically with your abilities." The warlock fidgeted, the wand in his pocket feeling heavier. "Earth is in trouble, in chaos. I need to know if there's a gatherer we can call on to help us. To make peace between the...species."

The warlock scoffed. "No gatherer can help Earth, why should we anyway? Wasn't the contract destroyed?" The King raised an eyebrow.

"If I recall, Alatar, your son is on Earth." The warlock gulped, his face reddening as he remembered the part of his DNA roaming Earth at the moment. "And he isn't helping their situation, actually he caused it, so I think you owe them, don't you?"

That brat. The warlock nodded, pushing his thoughts away as he remembered that the King could listen in if he really wanted to. "I'll help." He stood up and walked over to the King's indoor pond. The water bubbled as he waved his wand over it, muttering a few words that the King couldn't make out. An image made itself present, and the King gasped as the figure resembled a young girl. She was picking flowers by the forest and looked no older than 18.

"Her?" The King was in shock. "What's a little girl going to do? A mortal one at that?" The girl in the pond turned around and the King gasped. Her right eye was purple.

 Her right eye was purple