44 - old foes

*

*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*

Today was a good day. Or at least, that's what you had told yourself. You had finally left Empyrean, the rest of the boys agreeing and loving your idea of all finding a house together, and with a lot of compromise, you finally did.

You were cleaning up the kitchen after breakfast, mentally noting to remember to ask Taehyung and Hoseok if they wanted to go for a walk since the weather was so nice. It was almost like having puppies who jumped at the idea of walks and you found it quite endearing.

"Hobi?" You called out, peaking into the room he was supposedly in.

"Yeah?" His voice came from behind you and you jumped slightly, a chuckle leaving his lips. "Gonna ask me to go on a walk?" You nodded, smiling.

"And Tae too. Do you know where he is?"

"He might be in the kitchen," Hobi suggested, pressing a small kiss to your cheek as he moved to change his shirt. You walked down to the kitchen, seeing Taehyung and Yoongi together, the former excitedly drinking a smoothie Jin had made him, while Yoongi was looking at his phone, his brow furrowed in concentration.

"Tae?" You called, making both boys look your way. Yoongi hurriedly pocketed his phone, but the urgency of his action didn't go unnoticed to you. You decided to brush it off for now and maybe ask him about it later. "Tae, wanna go for a walk with Hoseok and I?" The incubus nodded excitedly and quickly moved to go grab his shoes. "Yoongi?" You asked, seeing that the vampire was purposefully avoiding your eyes. "Something wrong?"

"No," he said simply, moving to leave the kitchen. You frowned, but let him go. He'd tell you when he was ready. Tae took your hand and you waited for Hoseok at the door, taking his hand too when he joined you both.

"How long today?" You asked, already enjoying the feel of the fresh air in your hair and caressing your skin. Today felt different. There was something elsw in the air. The males standing either side of you seemed to notice as well, keeping close to your sides as a small growl rumbled from the back of Hoseok's throat. "What's wrong?"

"Something isn't right." Hoseok's eyes darted around, scanning the people in the nearby village. To you everything seemed relatively normal, people bustling about, living their usual lives, but a short gasp from Taehyung made you stop as he stood in front of you, Hoseok's hand clamping tighter around yours.

"What are you doing here?" Taehyung asked lowly. You tried to peek around him to see who he was talking to, but Hoseok pushed you behind him as well.

"Just checking on your pet," the stranger spat, his voice sending chills down your spine. Taehyung's father.

"She's fine, thank you, now piss off."

"No."

"No?" You felt your stomach drop. Taehyung didn't get angry often, but you could feel it bubbling up in him.

"Tae," you whispered quietly, trying to be a sense of comfort. The incubus seemed to relax a bit and went to turn back around to you, but not before spitting in his father's face.

"You deserve worse for what you did," he gritted through his teeth. "Nothing would ever satisfy me enough than seeing you burn for my mother and sister." And with that, Taehyung ushered you and Hoseok back to the house, his eyes a darker shade of violent and his hands clenched.

"Tae, are you okay?" You finally asked when the three of you had reached the safety of your home. Taehyung shook his head.

"He shouldn't be here. I don't know how he found us." His hands were shaking and you clasped them with yours, trying to calm him down.

"Hey, it's okay. We're safe here. Namjoon has enchanted the place, no uninvited guests can come inside."

Someone cleared their throat and you, Hoseok and Taehyung all looked up to see Yoongi standing by the doorway, his face even paler than usual, expression blank, but his eyes held fear.

"I'd like you three to meet my father."

*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*

"Yoongi, where is everyone else?" You whispered to him, trying your hardest to look natural in front of the dark-haired man with crimson eyes so deep and skin so snow white. He had an eerie glow about him and you felt like something was off. It seemed as if Taehyung and Hoseok noticed too, the dragon's posture unnaturally stiff while Taehyung looked as if the life was slowly draining out of him.

Yoongi made no move to answer you, aware of the ears that could easily pick up the conversation. You cleared your throat. "Nice to meet you."

The vampire king nodded. "Likewise. It's not everyday your son finds his mate." Yoongi's hand clenched into a fist, but he stayed composed. "An angel-gatherer hybrid, though. Very interesting." You shrunk under his gaze, desperately hoping for a way to leave this conversation.

"You will not take her," Yoongi firmly said and his father raised his hands in a surrender.

"Ah, Yoongi," he tutted. "Always so on edge. You act as if I'm going to snatch her."

"I wouldn't be surprised." Yoongi's tone was sharp and Hoseok slightly shifted closer to you on the couch, ready to act as a shield if need be. "What brings you here, father?"

"Just wanted to check up on my only son, is that okay?" His eyes pierced through Yoongi's, a silent conversation just with their eyes. Something must have happened. "Well," the king started, checking his watch. "It seems as if my time here is up. Goodbye." And with that, he left in a whirlwind of smoke and darkness, the front door opening to reveal Namjoon, Jin, Jimin and Jungkook carrying bags full of groceries.

"Namjoon," Yoongi whispered into your ear quickly. "He's scared of him."

"What did he want?"

Yoongi eyed the rest of the boys with a grim look on his face, aware of how Taehyung was still shaken up from the encounter with his father from before.

"He wants what they all want. Us." You felt a shiver go down your spine, but it was replaced with warmth as Jungkook greeted you, placing a gentle kiss on your lips as he tickled you with his wings, lowering the damper of the darkness the king had left behind. And you were thankful for it.

"Yoongi has a plan," Jungkook whispered in your ear. "Namjoon can get rid of them, you don't need to worry, love." You nodded, gently caressing Jungkook's cheek before moving to help Jin unpack.

Hopefully Jungkook was right.

*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*

hello. i am so, so sorry that i haven't updates in like three months. i have been quite busy with school, it's exam time now and i'm finishing high school. i've been more active on instagram and twitter (@/iovtamaki) and honestly, i haven't been in a kpop/bts mood in a long time.

i will try my best to keep updating though, hopefully the next one doesn't take too long. thank you all for your patience and your support on this book! it's a bit of a mess so i applaud you for making it this far.