34 - empyrean

thank you for over 80k reads!!!

*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*

The angels appeared in your view after hearing your voice. You jumped up and embraced both of them, sighing as you knew they were okay.

"How did you get out?" Jimin asked, looking at you. "We came to rescue you guys."

"Namjoon helped me," you said, a faint smile on your face as you rubbed your bruising wrists. You realised you were barefoot as well, and wriggled your toes into the grass.

Jungkook took note of this and swooped you up in his arms, holding you bridal style. "You're hurt, so you can stay here and we'll heal you." You blushed at the position and the way Jimin sent you a cheeky smirk.

"You stay here, I'll go help the others." And with that, Jimin flew off in the direction of the small palace.

"How does he know where to go?" You asked Jungkook, who just chuckled.

"Empyrean is close with Agartha." You nodded and let silence encompass the both of you. You felt a little bit awkward, but relaxed in Jungkook's arms as he carefully sat down, you gently sitting in his lap now. "I can heal you if you want," Jungkook suggested.

You nodded and held your wrists out for him. He looked a bit hesitant, sucking in a deep breath as he wrapped his large hand around your wrist. You felt the familiar tingling sensation and sighed in relief as you felt the bruises dissipate. But it didn't last long, the pleasurable sensation turned into burning and you yelped, causing Jungkook to retract his hands.

You fell off his lap, onto the soft grass. Jungkook was looking at you with concern. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for that to happen," he said, his eyes going glassy. "I hadn't healed anyone in a while, and—" he was cut off by a shaky breath and your eyes softened, taking his hands in yours.

"I know, Kook, it's okay. I appreciate you trying though."

He smiled sadly. "It's part of the curse of being a fallen angel. We tend to inflict wounds rather than heal them." You embraced him in a hug, noticing that the topic saddened him.

You stayed like that for a while, until the sound of a stick snapping made you pull away. You immediately stood up, pulling Jungkook with you, but he held onto your hand, stopping you from going over. "I don't think that's the others."

He pulled you behind a tree and you stiffened as you saw a figure you did not want to see.

"Resi," he crooned, taking careful steps, keeping his ears trained on any sound he heard. "I know you're here. I can hear your heart beating."