21 - the ball

*

*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*

You nervously wiped non-existent dirt off of your dress as Hoseok gently held your hand. The warlock — or N, had organised a limo to take you and the boys to the mysterious location. Hoseok jumped in and you followed him in, the others hopping in too.

Normally you would be excited to go to a ball. It was a great experience and you would never have had the money for it, but in this situation it was nerve wracking. The idea of not knowing what was going to happen scared you.

"Hey," Jimin said, nudging you with his leg. "Happy birthday." You smiled at him and thanked him, instantly being bombarded with a chorus of 'happy birthdays'.

"Thanks, guys. But you already said it to me like ten times today."

Taehyung shrugged. "We're excited for you." You smiled shyly, and opted to look out the window, enjoying the scenery as you drove by, not noticing the guilt in the incubus' eyes.

Hoseok intertwined his fingers with yours and you hummed in content as the driver put some music on. It seemed to ease your nerves for the most part and the drive there ended up being an enjoyable time. Everyone was laughing at Jin and Taehyung dramatically lip-syncing, while Yoongi chuckled quietly to himself, trying to ignore the feeling of second-hand embarrassment.

After an hour, the limo finally came to a stop and Jimin helped you out of the car. You gasped in awe at the sight of a huge mansion, with a luxurious garden and a half-circle driveway. Vines curled up the walls and there were many flowers dotting the ground.

You had been dropped off at the door and Taehyung led you away from the driveway as other cars began to pull up. You were amazed and watched as your limo drove away, through the giant iron gates.

Yoongi stood next to you, hands in his pockets as he frowned at the large building in front of you. Jin coughed awkwardly and decided to go first, walking up to the door. You all followed him, only stopping as you were greeted by two buff security guards. "Invitation?" One said, eyeing Jin in his yellow suit suspiciously, while the other had his eyes glued to Jimin's wings, making him uncomfortable as he clung to Hoseok.

You stood forward, giving him the invitation. He eyed it. "Are these your friends?" You nodded and he flicked his head towards the inside.

"Thank you, sir," you said, remembering your manners no matter how rude he was. You and the others walked into the building. It was so grand and it was only the entrance hall. Two large staircases were on either side of the room with many different artworks spread across the walls and straight ahead was another large room that had people dancing. "I'm guessing the party's in there," you pointed out. Yoongi nodded and began to walk in.