03 - danger

*

*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*

"Well, I'm going to throw up." Jimin held his stomach and you felt your own stomach lurch at the scene. There was blood everywhere, even more than what came from Jenna. This kill was for sport.

"If this was done by the same vampire we need to get, I'm going to start writing my will." You closed your eyes and took in a deep breath, trying to ignore the smell that was seeping from the woman.

"Why was no one outside worried? Surely someone would have seen her through the window or even a resident at the inn." Jimin turned around to face you, holding his chin. He peered through the window. The residents of Marka seemed to continue on normally, as if this was a normal occurrence.

"Jimin..." A thought just came to you, making the hairs on your skin stand up. "What if they're all vampires too?" Jimin looked around, his light eyes widening as he took in your words.

"Well, then we should probably get out of here."

"And leave the vampire? Don't we need the paper?" Jimin whined as his wings flapped around restlessly. You could tell he didn't want to stay in this creepy town.

"Maybe we should just forget the mission and go home. I don't see why we should hang around, waiting to be someone's dinner." He turned to walk out of the door and you rolled your eyes before grabbing his arm.

"We can't leave, and you can't give up! You're the one who brought me here!" Jimin groaned, knowing you were right.

"Fine. Check the map." You unraveled the scroll and scanned the map, looking for the red dot. You swallowed nervously and looked around quickly. "What? Where is it?"

"In the same room as us."

*.·:·.☽✧        .·:·.*

"I can't go back in, have you ever come across a vampire? They're so scary." Jimin was pacing outside the inn, the residents of Marka not even sparing him a glance as they went about their daily routines. Something about that rubbed you the wrong way. It's like they were all being controlled.

"I understand, Chim, but we have to try. You said there's a dragon, isn't that scarier?" Jimin's head shot up and his worried expression turned into something else. His lips stretched into a smirk and you took a small step back as he properly looked at you.

"You called me Chim." You held up your hands.

"What? No, I didn't. You must be hearing things." You felt your face heat up and you internally cursed as Jimin giggled at your flustered state. The nickname must have just slipped out.

"It's okay," he winked. "I liked it." You gulped and quickly pulled out your map.

"Okay, well the vampire is still inside, probably watching us right now." You turned to look inside the inn. There was nothing but darkness. A chill fell down your spine as the curtains against the window slightly moved. But the door was shut and there was no breeze at the moment. Probably the AC.