CHAPTER 2

"And you missed it again, Dad!"

"No problem, we will have one more game, my son," Dad told me and hit the shuttlecock again, passing it towards me.

Me, as usual, hit it back to Dad and the last game of Badminton we were playing, lasted for a few more minutes, before my father missed the shuttlecock again.

"Dad, accept it. You are now an old man," I told Dad, chuckling a bit.

"I am still young, Chris. Girls still bent on their knees to be with me." Dad replied, while sitting on the bench.

"Really Dad? I think Mom would love to hear what you said just now," I told Dad in a teasing tone, followed him and sat on the bench.

"So, what do you think, I am afraid of your Mom? Go and tell her. I am not afraid of her." Dad told me.

"Really? Okay so here I go," I told, while getting up to leave, but Dad stopped me from going by placing his hand on my right leg.

"Sit, sit, my son. I was just joking." Dad told me.

"So you agree that you are afraid of Mom?" I asked him, giving him a half smirk.

"Laugh, laugh now. One day my turn will also come. At that time I will ask you, whether you are afraid of my daughter-in-law or not." Dad replied.
"Dad, not again, please." I told Dad in a bit irritated tone.

He always has to talk about my marriage whenever we both are together alone.

"What? It is the fact my son. One day you will have to get married, Chris," Dad told me.

"Okay, so we will talk about that when that day comes. But for now, I love being single and only single." I replied.

"Till when Chris? You will have to find your soulmate soon, before you too become an old man, son," Dad told me, laughing out loud, like it was the most funniest joke he had ever heard in his life.

I rolled my eyes at his not-so-funny comment.

"No, but seriously, when are you going to introduce your better half to us?" Dad asked me.

"Dad, I still have not found someone like that," I told Dad.

"What not found? What about Kylie? You seem to be serious with her, don't you?" Dad asked me.

"No Dad. I am not at all serious with her. She is nothing like my imagination girl I have dreamt of." I replied.

"So what type of girl you want, Chris?" Dad asked me.

"Dad, please. Do you really think I will discuss such thing with you?" I told him, this time sounding a bit more irritated, and trying to get up. But he stopped me again by placing his hand over my right leg.

He always has to ask such questions about my private and sexual life. Seriously, which son discusses such things with their father?

"No Chris. Today you can't run away like that. You will have to tell me when are you getting married?" He asked me again.

"I will marry when I find my dream girl," I told him.

"So may I please know what type of dream girl you want?" He asked me again.

Okay, so I think he is not going to leave it that easily this time. I will have to tell him about what type of life partner I want.

I shook my head in irritation about how stubborn my father can sometimes become.

"So listen Dad. I want a girl who is a mixture of both intelligence and beauty. Who is smarter even than me. Who is beautiful like an angel, who has just landed on the earth from heavens. I don't want girls like Kylie, who are beautiful, but don't have brain. Beauty with brain is what impresses me. I can never imagine girls like Kylie being mother of my children. I want someone whom I can life long see becoming mother of my children. Someone who is intelligent and at the same time beautiful. One who is kind and loving. One who is caring and pretty. One who can touch me heart and my soul. One whose hand I can hold for my entire life and one with whom I want to get old." I told Dad.

I looked at him and found a tear in his eyes.

"What Dad? Why are you crying?" I asked him, raising my eyebrows at him.
"Nothing. Your thoughts just made me remember my adulthood days, when I too wanted someone like you want. And I finally found your mother. May God bless you my son and you soon find your dream girl and give me a dozen of grandchildren to play with." Dad told me, this time chuckling like a teenage girl.