CHAPTER 50

CHRISTIAN'S  POV :-

"Sophia. The work is not more important than you. I can always accompany you. You know that, don't you?" I asked Sophia again. But she denied again.

Yesterday, after returning back from my parents' house, we finally called it a night. And today in the evening, we are about to leave for India. My secretary called about an hour ago, to let me know that I have an emergency meeting coming up. So I decided to attend it and complete some of my remaining work, before going to India. But my sweet mother called this morning and asked Sophia to visit her today and give her company for some time before we leave for India. Well, after that kidnapping incident, I am a bit hesitant of sending her alone anywhere. I don't want her to get in any problem again. But she refused to let me come with her and is now adamant in sending me to my office to complete my work. She doesn't want herself to come in between me and my work. Well, her words, not mine. Hell, I don't care if she even comes in between me and my work, as she is my utmost priority now. But as you can see, this girl won't even try to rethink her decision.

"Fine. Go alone then. I have two cars, but as you don't have a license, take Liam with you as your driver and bodyguard. I will drive to the company by myself. I am leaving now. Be ready in one hour. Liam will escort you to my parents' house." I told her.

She immediately jumped on me and hugged me tightly, giving me a small peck on my lips. Well, this girl and her kisses are like drugs to me. I get more and more addicted to them everyday,
"Thank you for agreeing. I thought you will never agree to let me go alone. I love you so much," she told me and I again started doubting my decision. But I shook that thought out from my head as I know she will never change her decision.

"I love you more," I told her and giving her one last kiss, started walking towards my car, before my mother decided to call,
"Hey mom. Sophia will reach your house soon." I told her, after picking up her call.

"Oh honey, aren't you coming with her?" She asked me.

"No mom. I have an important meeting. So I won't be able to accompany her today. But take care of her, because as you know Kylie's brother is still a threat to her. He will do every possible think to hurt her and take her sister's revenge." I said and tiredly sighed after thinking about the possibilities that can actually happen today.

"Oh honey don't worry. She will be safe with me," She told me.

"Okay mom. Have to go now. Will talk to you later," I told her, settling myself inside my car and driving off to my company.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

I sighed, loosening my tie a bit to get some deep breath. It has been more than one hour now and this meeting couldn't get any more boring. My baby girl will have left the house by now to visit my mom. Chris, note to call Liam after this boring meeting gets over to check if they have reached my parents' house safely or not. My mind reminded me. Well, till Liam is there with her, I am a bit relieved as I know that she will always be safe with him.

As if on the cue, my phone started ringing, bringing me back to reality. I looked at the caller id and a smile immediately made its way on my lips. My baby girl is calling me. I have to take this call. I excused myself and came out of the meeting room to attend the call.

"Hey baby girl. Reached my parents' house safely?" I asked her, still smiling like an idiot.

"Hello, I am sorry. But I am not your baby girl. Actually the owner of this phone has got in an accident and is severely injured. The driver escorting her is also in a critical condition. The ambulance is taking them to the hospital, and I am leaving all her belongings with the paramedic. Please collect it from them," a lady told me.

What the hell? Accident? Sophia? Injured? Oh God! This can't be true. I am dreaming, ain't I? No, no, no, nothing can happen to my baby girl. Shit! This is all my fault. I should have accompanied her, but what did I do? I decided to attend this stupid meeting.

"Hello, are you listening?" the lady's voice brought me back from my thoughts.

"Yes, yes. I am listening. Which hospital did they take her?" I asked her, my voice barely coming out as a whisper.

"New york city hospital sir." The lady replied.

I immediately cut the call and started running towards the elevator. Luckily it was waiting there for me. Well, the perks of being a CEO and having your personal elevator. After reaching my car in the parking area, I didn't waste a second and immediately got inside my car. I started driving crazily, as my mind was not in the condition to function properly. I just hope that I don't hit the people on my way. Oh God! Please keep my baby girl safe! I can't afford to lose her. I won't be able to live if I lose her.

After about ten minutes, I finally reached the hospital and after carelessly parking the car, immediately ran towards the receptionist.

"Sophia. Sophia Taylor?" I asked the receptionist, who was busy doing something in her computer. She looked up and her eyes immediately widened in astonishment when she realized who was standing in front of her.

"M...r.. M.r. Wright?" She asked me stuttering, but I don't have time for her stupid emotions.

"Where is Sophia Taylor?" I asked her again, well this time, rather shouted at her, banging my hands on her desk. She flinched back, but right now I don't care about what people feel. Right now, the only thing that matters to me is my baby girl.

"Just one minute sir," she said, her voice almost like a whisper and started looking something in her computer.

After taking forever, she finally decided to speak,
"Yes. Sophia Taylor just got admitted about five minutes ago. She is in Operation Theatre No. 5 on the fourth floor." She told me and I didn't wait to even thank her.

I ran towards the elevator, but that stupid thing was taking forever to come. So I decided to take the stairs instead. I started running and climbing the stairs as fast as I could and finally reached the fourth floor. After searching for Operation Theatre No. 5, I finally found it and was about to enter it when suddenly a nurse stopped me in my track,
"Sorry sir. You can't go inside. No one is allowed to enter except staff and doctors." She told me and I gave her an ugly look,
"Do you even know who I am?" I yelled at her.

"Yes sir. I know you are Mr. Christian Wright.But I am sorry. No one is allowed to enter inside. Please wait outside," she told me and immediately went inside.

What the fuck? Why can't I enter inside to see my baby girl? I will sue this hospital after my baby girl gets treated.

I kept pacing outside the OT room, but there was no sign of anyone coming out. I messed my hair in frustration, but nothing seem to calm my nerves. After about more than 1 hour, a doctor finally decided to come out and show his face to me,
"How is she? Is she alright? Can I meet her now?" I asked the doctor.

"I am sorry sir. But her head was badly injured. And also she lost a huge amount of blood, making her go in shock. Currently we have treated her, but she is still in coma. And I can't tell you when she will come out of it. Though the chances of her coming out of coma are very less." Doctor said, slightly patting my back and his words moved the floor under me.