CHAPTER 28

SOPHIA'S POV :-

"Oliver, what are you doing there? Did you find Chris?" A lady, maybe in her mid-twenties came towards us and started interacting with the strange man standing in front of me.

I was about to leave them alone when suddenly something popped up in my mind. Did she say Chris? As in Christian Wright?

"You mean Christian Wright?" I asked her, making her raise her eyebrows at me,
"Yes. I mean Christian Wright. But how the hell do you know him? And who the hell are you?" The lady asked me arrogantly and rudely.

What is wrong with her? What does she think of herself? Who does she think she is to talk to me like that? Tell her to watch her tone, or else I will do something which she will definitely regret later.

"I am Dr. Sophia," I replied her coldly.

"And may I know how the hell do you know my Chris?" She told me.

My Chris?

"My Chris?" I asked her.

"Yes, ofcourse, my Chris. I am his girlfriend," she told me.

Oh! So she is Kylie, the ex-girlfriend of Chris.
But didn't she break up with him and left him alone? Then why is she referring herself as Chris's girlfriend now?

"You are his girlfriend? But you broke up with him and left him alone, right?" I asked her.

She was about to say something when suddenly someone came from behind and stood besides me, wrapping their arm across my waist and pulling me closer to them.

I looked at my side and found that it was Chris who was standing by my side and was pulling me closer to him,
"Hey baby! What are you doing here? I was searching for you in the entire venue," Chris told me and gave me a quick peck on my lips.

What the hell did he just do? He kissed me and that too without my permission?

I don't know why but my hand automatically went to the spot where he kissed me, and touched it involuntarily.

"Who is this bitch, Chris?" Kylie asked Chris.

Did she really call me bitch? Who the hell does she think she is to insult me like that? Tell her to stop or I will definitely pull all her hair out and make her bald. She has no right to hurt my self-respect like that.

"Watch your words, Kylie and don't cross your limits. You have no right to talk to my girlfriend like that," Chris told Kylie.

So, I was right. She is Kylie, the ex-girlfriend of Chris. But she is so arrogant and rude. I don't like her already. Does Chris really love this girl? Is he really making so much efforts to get this girl back in his life? Woah! I never thought Chris's choice was so bad.

"Your girlfriend? When the hell did she become your girlfriend Chris? We broke up just two days before and she became your girlfriend already?" She asked Chris,
"Woah, Chris! Where is your brain now? Can't you just see that this bitch is with you just because of your damn money. She is definitely a gold-digger. And I bet she is also a whore, who sleeps with anyone and everyone who has money." She told Chris.

Enough! She has hurt my self-respect a lot. Now I will not leave her so easily. I don't care even if she is Chris's girlfriend and he wants to get her back in his life. No one, and I mean, no one has the right to hurt my self-respect like that.

"Excuse me," I called the waiter, passing by my side. He was holding a tray, carrying many glasses of juice.

I took one glass from the tray and thanked him for the same. He immediately left us and went to serve other guests. All three of them, I mean Chris, Kylie and that man, who I guess is Oliver, were looking at me like I have grown two horns on my head.

But I didn't care and finally turned towards Kylie,
"So what were you saying, Miss Kylie? I am a bitch? I am a whore? I am a gold-digger? So for all your insulting words, here you go Miss Kylie," I told her and immediately spilled all the juice in the glass on her.

When she finally realized what actually happened, her face was worth looking. Her mouth was wide opened, her lower jaw almost hitting the ground. The juice was dripping from her hair on her face. Her designer dress was stained with the colour of the juice and she looked like someone has asked her to donate both her kidneys and both her eyes.

"So Miss Kylie! This is what you get when you insult Dr. Sophia. Dr. Sophia never allows anyone to hurt her self-respect. And if anyone does, this is what they get. I am not a whore or a gold-digger like you. I don't need man to pay for my survival, Miss Kylie. I am independent enough to earn money for myself and take care of me and my family. So next time you better watch your words before you speak them out," I told Kylie and immediately left all three of them alone.

I could feel someone following me. But what I needed then was some personal time and some relaxation of my mind. So without looking back, I kept walking and went on other side of the venue. I spotted a garden outside, so I decided to go there and breath in some fresh air.

I was standing in the garden, when suddenly someone wrapped me in their arms from behind and pulled me closer to them. I immediately freed myself from their grip and pulled myself away from the person as I was not in the mood to see any more drama. I turned around and looked behind to see that it was Chris standing there.

"What do you want, Chris? Please go from here and leave me alone for some time," I told him and wished he will go away without arguing.

But no, instead of going away, he came towards me, wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him, making my breasts press against his hard chest.

I tried to freed myself from his hold, but he made his grip even more firm,
"Shhhh. Cool down, little kitten. Cool down," he told me, placing his index finger on my lips.

I don't know why but my mind immediately obeyed his words and started to cool down.

Chris started playing with my hair, making me feel good again,
"I am sorry Sophia. That shouldn't have happened. I am sorry on behalf of Kylie. She shouldn't have said that words for you, fairy." Chris told me, tucking a few locks of my hair behind my right ear and placed his forehead over my forehead, making our noses press against each other.

"Why are you sorry? You didn't do anything, Chris. It was your stupid girlfriend, who was acting so rude and weird," I told Chris.

"She is not my girlfriend anymore," Chris replied, making circles on my cheek with his thumb.

"Okay, I mean your ex-girlfriend, whom you want back in your life," I told Chris, but he remained quiet.

We stayed there like that for a few more minutes, feeling each other's hot breaths, when Chris finally decided to break his silence,
"Will you dance with me?" He asked me.

"What?" I replied.

"I said will you dance with me Dr. Sophia?" He told me, extending his one hand for me to take.

But I didn't move as I was not in the mood to dance and remained silent.

"Please, fairy," Chris told me, making a puppy dog face and looking cute as hell.

I nodded my head in agreement, placing my hand in his hand.

*******************************

HEYA LOVELY ANGELS!
HOW WAS THE CHAPTER?
DID YOU LIKE IT?
DO YOU LIKE SOPIAN'S CHEMISTRY?

YES YOU READ IT RIGHT!

'SOPIAN' IS THEIR SHIP NAME.

NOW TELL ME WHICH COUPLE WILL YOU SUPPORT MORE, 'ZAMILY', 'NOLA', OR 'SOPIAN'?

PLEASE SHARE THE NOVEL MORE AND MORE WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON WATTPAD TO STAY UPDATED ABOUT MY NOVELS.

WAITING FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND REVIEWS.

LOVE YOU ALL!!
TAKE CARE!!