CHAPTER 35

My instagram id : blog_angelprincess24 . Please follow me on instagram for all the updates about my novels.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

SOPHIA'S  POV :-

"Well, actually, I have never thought about that. But I guess I am enjoying my life being single and independent. You know relationships are too complicated. And I am afraid to get in one," I told Chris.

"Why so?" He asked me, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Well, I am afraid of getting hurt and being broken in the end, if my relationship doesn't work out properly. So it is better to avoid being in one, before you break your heart and hurt your self-respect in the end." I told Chris.

"Well, I think you should give it a chance. After all, who knows there might be someone who is already head over heels for you. And is just waiting for you to open your arms and give him a chance to be a part of your life," Chris said. I looked up in his eyes, and man, for a second, my heartbeat just skipped. He was looking at me with a different emotion in his eyes, which I can't  describe properly. What was it? I am eager to know that, because his eyes were shining with that unrecognizable emotion.

I shook my head to remove all the unnecessary thoughts out of my mind. And then we started talking again like there was no tomorrow. I enjoyed talking with him. He is actually a very nice person. He has a sweet and warm heart, filled with love. But I don't know why, but it aches me in my heart, wherever I remember the fact, that that love in his heart is only for his girlfriend, Kylie. I just don't understand what is wrong with me? Why am I feeling such strange emotions.

After passing the whole day, swimming and chatting with each other, Chris told me to get ready, as we were going to have a dinner together in the same cruise.

I got ready in a plain back dress, which reached my knees and hugged my body properly from all sides. I wore matching earrings and wore black heels, and applied my matte lipstick. I looked for the last time in the mirror and was satisfied with my look. Suddenly there was a knock at the door of my room, and I opened it to see Chris standing there, wearing his blue jeans and black t-shirt. The t-shirt hugged his body completely, showing off his perfect muscles, and his perfectly built chest.

"I know I am handsome and sexy as hell, but that doesn't mean you can shamelessly check me out like this," He asked me in his cocky and arrogant tone. Well I immediately looked away from him and the blood started rushing to my cheeks. I was so embarrassed for checking him out like this, but I can't confess that to him.

So I just rolled my eyes at him,
"I was not checking you out," I said, looking everywhere but him.

I could feel my cheeks getting red like a tomato.

"Yeah, I believe you," Chris said, chuckling like a child and suddenly placed his one arm around my waist,
"Come on, let's go now. Food is waiting for us," he said and pulled me closer to him.

Butterflies started dancing in my stomach. I was shivering under his touch. My body started heating up in his hold.

He took me outside and man, it was just beautiful. There were rose petals scattered all around the place. The smell of the rose petals was lingering in the air. The cold wind was blowing, making me feel refreshing. Instead of lights, there were candles burning all around the place. It was just breath-taking.

"Do you like it?" Chris leaned closer to my ear and whispered in it, making his hot breath touching my earlobe, and passing current down my spine. I was melting under his breath, so I just nodded my head in agreement. There was a round table placed on the centre of the place. Chris took me there, still his arm around my waist. He pulled out a chair for me and I immediately sat on it, as my knees were getting weak under his touch.