CHAPTER 36

My instagram id : blog_angelprincess24 . Please follow me on instagram for all the updates about my novels.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

SOPHIA'S  POV :-

I woke up with the sun rays falling on my face. I sat on the bed for a moment, trying to remember everything that happened yesterday. Yes, I need to leave this place now. I have to tell Chris about my decision. I can't wait any longer or else I might do the wrong thing. After performing my morning tasks and getting ready, I left my room and went towards Chris's room.

I took a deep breath, trying to relax my nerves and then knocked on the door. But there was no reply. I knocked again, still no reply.

"Chris open the door. I want to tell you something," I shouted and knocked again, but still he didn't reply.

What is wrong? Why isn't he replying? Did he leave already? But how can he leave me alone in this cruise?

I tried to open the door and to my surprise the door was not locked from inside. I went inside the room and saw that Chris was lying on the bed, still sleeping. I went near him and then realized he was shivering in cold. I immediately placed my hand on his forehead, and man, my hand almost burned. He was so hot. I mean, he had high fever. His body was burning in hotness. He didn't open his eyes, even on my touching his forehead.

I covered him fully with a blanket and immediately ran in my room and looked around for my handbag. It was lying on the table besides the bed. I took it and immediately took out the medicines for cold and fever from it. Yes. As I am a doctor, I keep some general medicines in my bag, so I can use them in emergency.

I immediately ran towards Chris's room and went to stand besides him. I filled a glass of water from the jug which were lying on the bedside table. Chris was still shivering in cold. I placed the medicines in his mouth, carrying his head up a bit with my one hand and helped him to gulp some water in his mouth with my other hand. I immediately ran out towards the kitchen and searched for a bowl or some container. I spotted a glass bowl and so filling the cold water in it, carried it with me in Chris's room. He was still unconscious. I searched around for a piece of cloth, but couldn't find any. So I decided to go in my room and search for it. I ran towards my room and started searching for a piece of cloth, but there was none. So I immediately placed my luggage bag on the bed, opened it and took out my one dress and tore it, making a piece of cloth with it. Yes, I did that! I tore my dress. At that moment, I didn't care about anything, but Chris's health. I ran to his room and sat besides him, taking the glass bowl and piece of cloth with me. I started dipping the piece of cloth in water and started placing it on Chris's forehead. He was still shivering and unconscious.

Oh my God! What happened to him? He was alright last night. But suddenly how did he become ill?

After about 30 minutes, I checked his forehead again with the back of my hand and luckily, he was less hot than before. His temperature had started decreasing. He was now not shivering anymore. But still I kept placing wet strip on his head. I unknowingly moved my hands in soft his hair and ruffled them lightly. After another 30 minutes, I checked his temperature again and it was back to normal.

I sighed in relief. I don't know what got into me, but I suddenly leaned closer to him and gently kissed his forehead, caressing it with my hand. The man looked so peaceful. His perfect jawline, his perfect nose, those full kissable pink lips. Man! He was just perfect. I remembered how his lips felt on mine and unknowingly my hand went to my mouth and my fingers touched my lips. I started craving for his kiss.

What is wrong with you Sophia? From where do you get such irrational thoughts? I shook my head to remove all the unnecessary thoughts, when I realized that Chris was moving. He slowly opened his eyes and took a look around the room, maybe to remember where he was. He looked at me and when our eyes met, the time stopped. My breath stopped. My heart skipped a beat. His eyes were deep like an ocean. I could drown in them without complaining.