CHAPTER XV

Hi! Popping in to let you know there is a little steam at the end of this chapter. Nothing I'd consider "mature," but there is some insinuation. Also, THANK YOU for helping CONSTELLATIONS  reach #1 in the poedameron rankings! Happy reading!

***

I had three hours until meeting Poe. Not that I was counting.

"So you aren't even a little nervous?" Tash was laying on the couch in my office asking me a thousand questions about tonight.

"For the last time- I'm not nervous."

She sat up and threw her hands in the air. "But this could be your last first date for the rest of your life! You could end up marrying this man!"

"Stars you're insane," I muttered under my breath. I wasn't even going to give her a response to that. I swear she was more excited about this than I was, and I was pretty damn excited. I did give her a piece of my mind last night about helping set up his ploy to ask me, to which she didn't have much of a reply except telling me I'd be thanking her later.

"So do you at least know what you're gonna wear? You gotta look hot for him... " she said tapping her chin.

"For who?"

My eyes snapped to the door where Ezra was standing. Just my luck. I glared at Tash who looked like a child who got caught doing something bad. She looked at me apologetically before clearing her throat.

"Oh, hey Dr. Fannin, didn't notice you there."

"That's because I just got here, Tash, but I'm very curious to know who Sienna has to look so hot for tonight." He crossed his arms and raised a brow at me. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, not wanting to have this discussion right now. However, I knew he wasn't going to let this go, and I'd rather get everything out on the table before meeting Poe.

"Tash, can I speak with Ezra in private please?" Tash looked incredibly relieved, practically running out of the room and shutting the door behind her. I walked over to stand by Ezra who was still waiting for an answer to his question. "Ezra-"

"No wait, let me guess, the pilot?" He said the word with a sour look on his face, shaking his head. "Figures he would charm you, but I thought you'd be smarter than to fall for that, Sienna."

"The pilot has a name, and yes he has charmed me. Multiple times actually." Ezra rolled his eyes and made a move to leave, getting the door open slightly before I reached up and slammed it shut again with my hand, keeping my hand pressed to it while giving him a hard look. "We are talking about this. All of it. And you'd do best not to question my intelligence again."

His eyes were wider than usual, surprised by my outburst. He spun around and walked over to my desk, leaning against the front of it and bringing his hands up. "Then please, Sienna. Let's talk."

I let out a deep breath before walking to the window overlooking the trees. "Look, Ezra. Things have obviously been tense between us for the past year. I don't expect that to change right away, but I would like to get all of this bad blood past us, and from now on I'm going to be honest with you when you ask me questions." I turned to face him and walked closer, leaning on the back of my chair. "I'm going on a date with Poe tonight."

He narrowed his eyes slightly. "Why?"

"Because he asked me and I want to. I don't need any more reason than that."

He looked to the side, as if thinking about what direction he wanted to steer this conversation. "So you like him then?"

A small smile came to my face as I answered. "Yes, I really do." I walked over to him, reaching out and putting my hand on his arm. "I'm not asking you to like it, but you know better than anyone that I wouldn't be doing this unless it was something I felt was worth my time. I think he is worth it, and I'm asking you to respect that."