CHAPTER XLII

Poe had gone to take his new post at the command center while I went to clean up in our room. He had looked concerned as a wave of nausea hit me, but I blamed it on my lack of sleeping and eating in the last rotation. I obviously needed to tell Poe about the pregnancy soon, but with his new position and us not knowing the First Order's next move, he was stressed out enough as is.

After slipping on some clean clothes I exited our room as I shook out my long waves. Heavy footsteps sounded from around the corner, and Rose's concerned face greeted me. "Sienna, you need to come to command."

"What's going on?" I asked as we quickly walked over.

She met my eyes and I could see the fear and uncertainty swimming around her dark irises. "It's the Order. They've got a new weapon, and they've blown up Kijimi." My eyes went wide as we picked up the pace. Poe had a long past on Kijimi, including an ex-girlfriend, Zorii that still meant a lot to him. I'm sure he was worried about her.

We entered the room and I went to Poe's side as D'Acy was speaking to him. He flicked his gaze to me as I placed my hand on his back. "Where did this weapon come from?" I asked.

"A ship from the new Sith fleet. Out of the unknowns." D'Acy explained.

Beaumont joined us. "The emperor sent the ship from Exegol. Does that mean every ship in the fleet has-"

"Has planet killing weapons?" Poe finished. "Of course they do. All of them. This is how he finishes it." Poe's jaw was tight, his voice low.

Suddenly there was a transmission that Rose let it through. "The Sith... it's on every frequency."

"What is is saying, Beaumont?" I asked.

"The Resistance is dead. The Sith flame will burn. You will surrender or die. The final order begins..."

I looked up at Poe, sharing his intense gaze. I could see the unfamiliar presence of fear in his eyes. "This is the time, Poe. We have to end this."

"Leia made you acting General. What now?" Rose asked as she looked towards the man. He turned away from us, running a hand over his face and placing his hands on his hips before turning back.

"I'll figure this out. I just- I need a moment." With that, he spun on his heel and quickly walked away from our little group. Rose looked at me expectantly.

"He needs some time alone."

"I've just never seen him look like that..."

I sighed, shaking my head. "Can you blame him? He has just had the weight of the Resistance placed on his shoulders, and he has some huge shoes to fill." I moved my eyes around the group, making sure to meet everyone else's. "Have faith in him. He will figure this out- he always does."

Beaumont nodded. "He has our full support."

"Thank you," I said with a small smile. I left the space, walking out towards my ship for some quiet. We were going to have to make a move, and quickly. Surrender was out of the question, so it looked like our only option would be to fight. I ran my hand along the bottom of the X-wing before tracing my thumb across the backside of my engagement ring, continuing to fidget with the band as my mind raced for ideas of how we would defeat the dark that was closing in.

"You look worried," a smooth voice came from behind me. I looked over my shoulder and saw an older man I didn't recognize. He must have seen the confusion on my face, causing him to chuckle. "I'm Lando- an old friend of Leia's."

I smiled at the man, recognizing his name. "Lando Calrissian, it's lovely to meet you. I'm Sienna Dreis."

His smile got wider. "Dreis? As in Garven and Evan Dreis?"