CHAPTER XXIII

Sienna

I rolled out of bed sometime in the late morning, stretching my joints and sore muscles. It was rare for me to sleep so late, but damn did my body need it. I checked my wound, amazed to find it closed even more. It was still sensitive, but the constant pain had mostly faded into nothing. I was even able to take a full shower, which was easily the best shower of my life.

I pulled my hair up into a high braid, twisting it into a bun before pulling a few pieces down to frame my face. I decided to just throw on some dark leggings and a long fitted tan shirt, cenching it at the waist with a belt. Before tying up my boots, I took a long look at myself in the mirror. It really was insane what a night of deep sleep could do to one's appearance. My cheeks held a slight flush underneath the splash of freckles, and the dark circles that were under my eyes yesterday were gone. My eyes were bright- the green irises shining.

I exited my room and made my way to the medical wing. Ezra was holding down the fort, but I wanted to check on Finn since I hadn't seen him since we came back. The energy in the halls felt heightened as members of the Resistance passed me with smiles or a friendly "hello." I can't remember the last time our morale was so high, and it was a very welcome feeling.

And I hadn't even heard the good news yet.

As I entered the wing, Tash rounded the corner with a beaming smile.

"Well look who woke up from the dead!" She stopped walking for a second, her features twisting up like she ate something sour. "Maybe that was in poor taste since you almost died yesterday. Forget I said anything."

I laughed out loud at my crazy friend. "No worries, love. Have you noticed how chipper everyone is today?"

Tash widened her eyes at me, bringing a hand over his red lips. "You haven't heard! They have the map to find Luke Skywalker."

"Wait, what?" I asked, surprised at the news.

"I said they foun-"

"No, no Tash I heard you. I just can't believe it." Everything Poe and BB-8 had gone through wasn't for nothing. This was the news that we all needed today. "Who are they sending out to find him."

"Rey and the wookie are going to go I think. They should be leaving soon- I think I saw her come through here earlier to see Finn."

Any other day and it would've surprised me that Poe wasn't the one being sent on this mission. However, it was obvious to me that Rey had a connection with the force. If anyone should go and find the lost jedi, it was her. I made my way to the room where Finn was being held. The door was open, but I paused as I saw Rey leaning down to her friend, pressing her lips to his head.

"Thank you my friend," she whispered before standing up and turning towards the door. She stopped when she saw me before giving me a small smile.

"Sorry for intruding," I started. "I was just coming to see how he is."

"He's alive- thanks to you."

I shook my head. "That's why I was there. To help whoever I could get back safely." I walked over to the man's chart, flipping through the pages. "So, I hear you're going to find Luke?" I placed the chart back down, looking up to the girl.

She straightened her shoulders, looking proud to be taking on this mission. I smiled at her drive, believing she would be successful in her task. "I am. Chewie and I are going to take the Falcon. We really should be going soon actually."

"I'll walk you out, then. I was headed that way anyways." Rey nodded, following me out the door after one last look at her friend.

"So you think he will be okay?" I could hear the uncertainty in her voice.