CHAPTER XXI

Most of my team was working on Finn's injuries as I slipped into the exam room near my office. Tash followed me in, but pulled me into a gentle hug as the door shut behind us. I held her close, taking comfort in my best friend.

"Fuck, Si. You scared us." She whispered.

"I know, I know. I'm so sorry. Trust me, that will never happen again." I walked to the mirror in the room, taking in my awful appearance. Dried blood was smeared across my upper lip and cheek, and my long braid was barely intact. The large hole in the side of my suit was bordered with blood stains that seeped down the fabric to my thigh. I stared into my own dark green eyes that were glassy with unshed tears. Those would have to wait. I started to unzip the flight suit, but Tash walked over behind me when she saw a flash of pain cut across my features.

"Stop it, I'll do it for you. You are going to have to play patient with me, alright Dreis?"

I sighed, but gave my friend a small smile. "Yes ma'am."

Tash helped me out of the tattered suit and cut me out of my shirt since it hurt to lift my left arm. I slipped out of my leggings, leaving me in my bra and underwear. "Come over here so I can clean you up," Tash ordered. "Did you do anything to it yet?"

"I poured some antiseptic over it on the ship. That's all though." Tash kept quiet, slipping on some gloves and grabbing a bowl with warm, soapy water. She wiped my face first, cleaning off the stains. She then started to clean the blood off of my abdomen, taking great care not to put too much pressure around the wound.

I had been looking up at the ceiling to keep my mind off of the pain until I noticed her stop. I looked down to the top of her blue hair. "What is it?"

Tash sat back, but kept her eyes on the slowly-healing injury. "This was made by a lightsaber?" I nodded, already knowing where this conversation was going to go. "This should look- I mean this looks like it happened days ago... not hours. And really, from the look of your suit it seems like you should be worse off than you are. You lost a lot of blood, but really not as much as this type of wound usually would." She narrowed her eyes at me as the pieces came together in her head. "Sienna..."

"I promise, I'll explain it all in detail once we meet with the others. You're right, it has already begun healing quicker than a typical wound. I just need you to make sure it's cleaned out before it heals any further, okay?"

"Does this have anything to do with your bacta research?"

"It does."

She looked like she was going to ask more questions, but stopped herself, shaking her head. "Lie back, Si. Let me look in there further." I laid on the table as Tash grabbed some clean forceps and brought the bright lamp down to shine on the wound. "This would be much more comfortable for you with some numbin-"

"No, I don't need it. I'll be fine."

The nurse rolled her eyes at me before bringing up the stool so she was eye-level with the injury. Using her fingers, she pressed on the top and bottom side of the gash, opening it up slightly so she could see into it. I grit my teeth together, making a small sound of discomfort as she used the forceps to inspect the inside of the wound. "How does it look?" I asked in between deep breaths.

"The saber made a clean wound, but I assume it was worse than this before.." A sharp pain made me pull away from her slightly. "Shit, sorry." She held up her hand, showing a piece of debris that had been inside of the wound. "Is this a leaf?"

"Could be. I had to hold snow against it after it first happened to kind of numb the pain, so it wouldn't surprise me if I accidentally grabbed some other things with it."