CHAPTER XXXV

"Damn it!" Poe yelled as he punched the side of the Falcon. He shook out his hand, pacing away from the ship in frustration.

Chewy screamed at him from the other side, threatening him to hit the ship again. I pinched the bridge of my nose, sighing at the two. "Sorry Chewy, he won't do it again I promise." The wookie grumbled something under his breath as I took off after the pilot. I caught up to him, grabbing his arm to stop him. "Poe, let me see." There was a small but irritated burn mark on his hand.

"Something shorted and sparked on me. It burned like hell."

I picked up his hand, blowing on the burn. "I'll grab some burn cream from the wing later. It will be healed up within a few days."

His jaw was set as I looked up. "Yeah well it wouldn't have even happened if she was here to fix her own damn drive units." He pulled his hand away, running the other through his messy hair. He still hadn't gotten over Rey's training, and the comments were starting to wear down on Finn and I.

My temper flared as I regarded the man with an incredulous look. "We've all got a part to play in this, and she is doing hers. The rest of us are done hearing you complain about it."

"You know-" he began pointing a finger at me before stopping himself and using the hand to rub his stubbled jaw. He brought his hands to his hips, drawing his eyes from the ground up to mine. I raised a brow at him as my own temper began to calm. He stood in front of me and huffed out a breath. "I'm sorry. I know we are at odds on this and I told you I'd keep my comments to myself."

"Forgiven, pilot. We are all just a little more tense than usual."

Almost every mission we had gone on lately ended with a chase from the First Order. They were becoming more active, and it was beginning to put us all on edge. We were currently fixing up some damage from Chewy's last trip out, hence Poe's outburst.

I put my arm through his, kissing his shoulder as we headed back over to the legendary ship. "Apologize to Chewy while you're at it." The pilot rolled his eyes at me, but went over to speak to the wookie regardless. The three of us plus Finn and R2 were heading out early morning for yet another intelligence mission. I wasn't originally on the roster for the mission, but after what happened with the Falcon last time, Leia figured it'd be best for me to be there to troubleshoot the ship if needed.

I wiped my hands on a rag, putting tools back in my kit before heading to Tash's quarters. She was off duty, and I had promised her some girl time before I left. I knocked softly on the door, waiting for her to open it.

"Come in, bitch!" I rolled my eyes with a laugh as the door slid open. Tash was lying back on her bed with a thick book in her hands. She peeked over the top of it, narrowing her eyes. "Nice of you to show up-" she paused and looked at the clock, and when realizing I was right on time, she huffed. "-as punctual as ever."

"Hello to you too." I said sarcastically as I threw myself down beside her on the bed. "What are you reading?"

She shut the book before shoving it in my hands. "Some old novel I found on the grounds when we first got here. Nothing entertaining. No sex." She sighed dramatically, shaking her head. Then she got a sly look, glancing over at me. "But I wouldn't need it if you'd just write down everything that happened between you and Poe the other week."

I reached over and pulled a stand of her thick blue hair. "For the last time, NO. I am not allowing you to get off to my fiance's skill in the bedroom, Tash!"

She fanned her face, closing her eyes. "But it wasn't in the bedroom..."

"Stars, you are the worst."