CHAPTER XX

I had a feeling Poe wasn't going to like Leia's plan, and he didn't.

I had walked up to the hangar in a flight suit, causing a few odd stares in my direction while everyone was running around preparing their ships. Tally did a double-take as she saw me before a beaming smile made its way across her face.

"Hell yeah, Dreis! I told you we were gonna fly together!" She yelled over her shoulder towards Jo. "Jo, we're flying with a Dreis! It was only a matter of time."

That caught Poe's attention as he spun around to face me. "Oh no. No, no, no, Sienna you are not joining us in this."

"Gee, Poe. Thanks for the vote of confidence," I said rolling my eyes. "I'm not going to be front line with you guys. I'll follow up to the base after to make sure we get Solo's crew and that Rey girl off of the planet before you blow it up." I finished with a shrug, but Poe didn't think it was to be taken so lightly.

"Absolutely not. It's way too dangerous for you to be coming out there."

"Good thing I'm not asking for your permission then, Dameron. General Organa has asked me to do this task, and I will see it through regardless of if I have your blessing or not."

We were at a stalemate, staring at each other until one of us gave in. Poe let out a frustrated sound as he ran his hand over his face. He walked over to me, grabbing my face and looking directly into my eyes. "You better be careful, Dreis. I have no plans to return to this base without you here." His words were heavy with worry, but they struck my heart with their sincerity. I suddenly realized that Poe and I hadn't discussed where we stood in this relationship of ours, but now certainly wasn't the time for such a conversation. However, his words were enough to let me know what I meant to him.

I grabbed the front of his suit and pulled him to me, trying to convey what he meant to me through a kiss alone. I pulled away from him and looked into his eyes. "I'll see you when we all get back, okay?" He leaned his forehead against mine and nodded before giving me a quick kiss on the tip of my nose.

"You got it, doc."

I stood back from the pilot, looking up at BB-8 who was already situated in his deck. I gave him a thumbs-up, which was returned and accompanied by a few beeps.

"I hope so too, buddy." With that, I made my way back to where the Millennium Falcon was being prepped. I stopped short, feeling like I was intruding when I saw Han and Leia in an emotional embrace. Han's eyes met mine as Leia pulled away and made her way back to the base doors.

I walked over, standing in front of the man. "So, you must be the Dreis I've heard so much about."

I smiled, "that would be me. I wish we were meeting under better circumstances, Han Solo."

"Same here, Sienna."

After a quick introduction to Chewbacca, I made my way over to Finn before he went up the ramp.

"Finn," I placed my hand on his arm. "Be careful. I'll be waiting near the Falcon if you need any assistance. Shoot your blaster into the air, and I'll come to you, okay?"

He grabbed my elbow, nodding. "I will."

I stood back from the ships with Leia, watching as they flew out of our view. This time felt different. Tash came up and stood at my other side. I had told her and Ezra about the plan after speaking with Leia. Neither of them were thrilled, but understood that I wasn't going to back down from this.

Tash enveloped me in a strong hug, tears in the corners of her eyes. "You better come back to me, Si, or I'll never forgive you." I laughed as I hugged her back.