CHAPTER XXXIV

Coming at y'all with two parts today!
Quick note: There is a mature section in this chapter. It isn't too graphic, but for those of you who don't care to read that portion, I have sandwiched it between two "*" so that you can skip on past it. For those of you who do enjoy the steamy bits- you're welcome! Happy reading!

The creatures in the jungle protested as I ran past their homes. The nocturnal ones were just beginning to tuck themselves away for the day, while the others were giving greeting to the slowly rising suns. Though it was still dark, beads of sweat ran down my temples as I pushed myself through the thick, humid air.

I had created these trails some months ago, missing my old running habits on D'Qar. They were woven between the tall trees, forking off to various areas around the base. I took the one to the left that led to the area I would be bringing Poe this evening.

I slowed down and placed my hands on the top of my head, struggling to get a full breath of the sticky air around me. As I walked through the treeline, I smiled at the view in front of me. It was a circular clearing lined by the tall trees with a soft moss covering the ground. Walking to the center I looked up through the gap in the canopy that revealed the lightning sky above.

I had found this place by accident, but it became a frequent stop for me on my runs. It was so quiet here. Something I didn't get enough of these days. I figured Poe and I would be able to enjoy the peace together.

Making my way back once the sun had started to filter through the trees, I heard the buzz of a lightsaber off of the path. It wasn't unusual for me to find Rey out here training in the early morning.

"Rey?" I yelled, not wanting to make the mistake of sneaking up on her... again.

The sound of the weapon cut off before I heard branches snapping, making way to reveal the young woman. "Good morning, Sienna." She holstered her weapon, walking over. "BB-8 told me you had fun yesterday." She gave me a teasing smile as I rolled my eyes.

"That droid is such a gossip. He's been around 3PO too long." Rey laughed with me.

"So, has Poe gotten the stick out of his ass about my training yet?" She asked.

I sighed, recalling their argument. Rey had been training with Leia to master the Force, much to Poe's dismay. Since Rey was such a good pilot, it killed him that she was staying behind "floating rocks" while the rest of us were trying to find out information on the enemy. He had finally simmered down once I reminded him that it was Rey's "floating rocks" that saved us on Crait, but he still wasn't happy about it.

"He will come around eventually. You know how stubborn he can be sometimes. I'm doing my best to chip away at his arguments on why you shouldn't be staying back."

She shook her head. "Well, thank you for trying to get him to understand. I just don't want everyone else thinking that I'm not holding my weight around here since I'm not going on missions, you know?"

I smiled at the woman, placing my hand on her arm. "Rey don't worry about that. We all know how important it is to continue your Jedi training. Even Poe. One day it will probably be your use of the Force that saves all of our asses, and then let's see what they say about it."

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that," she said with a bright smile. "I'm going to get back to it. I'll see you later?"

"You will for sure." I said, bidding her farewell as I picked up a slow jog back to our room. Everyone was just getting wound up for the day, giving me a friendly "hello" or wave as I passed them. Poe was already gone by the time I got back, more than likely already in the hangar.