CHAPTER XXXIX

Four days. It took four days of reviewing and planning to ensure we were ready to take on the TIE fleet. The pilots were jumping at the bit to attack the ships, but respected my leadership enough not to fight me too much about our timeline.

There were an estimated three TIE fighters per each one of us. That along with not being to run any flying drills, the extra three days were extremely helpful.

The humidity of the morning had just begun to set in. I woke up hours earlier feeling sick to my stomach, which was ridiculous considering the fights I have had before this. So to ease my mind I decided to run diagnostics on all of our ships. Thankfully, everything was good to go.

Sitting back in the seat of Poe's ship, I gazed up through the tree canopy overhead, going through the plan of attack in my head a hundred times over.

"Sienna?"

I peeked over the edge of the ship, seeing Rose walking up to her ship. "Good morning, Rose. Ready to go?"

She smiled and nodded. "Sure am! Ready to get this fight over with and go back home."

"I feel you on that," I said as I swung a leg over to the ladder.

"I wonder how the others are doing with their mission..."

I shrugged. "Hopefully they at least know how to get to Exegol at this point, but who knows how long it could take for them to get there once they do."

Rose was setting out her flight suit next to mine on the worktable when she looked up at me. "Well, let's get this show on the road then. The Resistance will need us available and ready to fight when they do find it."

I smiled at the younger girl, proud to have her with me. She needed more recognition for her dedication to our cause. After losing her sister, I'm sure it would've been easy to be angry, but she wasted no time getting to work to make sure her sister didn't die in vain. What else could you ask for in a partner?

She brought me out of my thoughts. "Oh, what are we calling ourselves? I know we aren't a technical squadron, but for radio purposes we need something. Maybe just model it off of our system?"

"Hmm, good thinking." I looked down and caught a glimpse of my ring in the light, reminding me of Poe. Looking back to Rose, "Green. We will be the Green Squadron."

*

I steadied the X-wing as the TIE fighters came into view. "Alright guys, tighten up and form on me. Do just like we talked about- charge the middle to break their formation and split them before spinning back. We should be able to start taking them out one-by-one."

"You got it L.T.," Rose replied.

I heard Daak laugh over the radio. "Let's kick some First Order ass!"

With that, we pushed forward in a triangle-like formation with me at the front and tip that would create a wedge between the Order ships. It wasn't long before they opened fire on us.

"Stay together and hold your fire! We need to focus on dodging their blasts!" They obviously didn't anticipate us not dispersing at their shots, and instead we drove right through the middle, splitting the fleet in two.

"Woo!" I heard Izal yell.

"Green four and five, break left, six and seven go right. Two up top, three cover the bottom." I ignited my cannon, settling deep into my seat. "And I'll clip any who try to break away."

A chorus of affirmative greeted me as we broke apart, spinning back on ourselves to begin the next phase in our attack. The blue and red shots lit up the sky, and I rolled to the right as a shot from a TIE fighter came my way.