CHAPTER XXXVII

The morning came early, but I woke up from a dreamless sleep feeling much lighter emotionally than I had been yesterday. Poe and I were debating quietly as we made our way through the hangar, his arm thrown around my shoulders affectionately.

"I'm telling you, I'd win even if you were in a T-85. My ship can't be beat."

I shook my head, scoffing. "Poe that would literally be impossible. The T-85's have an atmospheric speed of 1,300- they are even faster than the Falcon... T-70's max out at 1,100!"

"Yeah but you have to factor in flying skill as well, doc."

"Hmm, you're right. Guess there really is no point then since I'd definitely kick your ass."

"Okay wait a second-" Poe started before Finn met us. "Ah, Finn, my buddy. Help us out here."

Finn looked between us. "What's up?"

"So if Commander Dameron over here was in his ship and I was in a T-85 X-wing, who would win if-"

Finn held up his hands, backing away from us. "No. Nope. No way am I getting involved in your ship debates again."

Poe brought his hands out from his sides, grinning at the man. "Come on, Finn! We need your input!"

"Nuh-uh. You too are way too competitive and it is way too early." We both watched as he walked back towards Chewy, mumbling something under his breath about sore sports.

Shaking my head, I reached for Poe's arm and continued to walk towards the Falcon. "Finn really is a good friend, not wanting to hurt your feelings by answering."

"Watch it, Dreis." He looked down at me, but was smiling through his words as he placed a kiss at my temple. I laughed as I squeezed his arm, thankful for a man willing to debate ship models with me at any time of the day. Up ahead, Rey was walking around her ship doing some last minute tune-ups. "So you got her up and running?"

"You were right before," she said walking to us. "I'm going to pick up Luke's search for Exegol. I'm going to start where his trail went cold- the forbidden desert of Pasaana."

"I know. We're going with you." We passed the girl as she stood there, dumbfounded. "Chewy, get that compressor fixed?"

Finn walked forward before he was pulled back by Rey. "I need to go alone."

I scoffed, turning back to the pair. Typical Rey.

"Yeah," Finn said. "Alone with friends."

"It's too dangerous."

Poe came up beside me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder again as we regarded Rey. "We go together," Finn said with determination, not leaving Rey any room to argue. BB-8 rolled up, saying that our team needed to stay together.

I agreed with the droid. "If there ever was a time for all of us to tackle a mission together, this is that time, Rey."

"I whole-heartedly agree," 3PO finished.

The sound woman looked between us all, finally letting a small smile split her face. "Together," she said, earning a "woo!" when Finn punched the air, turning to give Poe and I a high-five.

"Well team," I said crouching down to give BB-8 a quick peck on his head, "Let's get packing!"

While the others continued to load the ship throughout the afternoon, I was requested in the command room. Leia was looking at a projection of a familiar planet that was surrounded by Order fighters.

"Devaron?" I asked as I stood at her side.

She nodded to me before looking at it again. "It is. They are being taunted by the First Order. It seems that the Order is trying to send a message that they are not to come to our aid."