1: Second Year Of College

~BOOK 6, can you believe it?!!! Thank you guys for sticking around after the long wait during the making of book 5 and reading this far. We still got so more to come. And this book? I think I have a few surprises for you all, a couple twist and turns. Let's just say Kenzie is on a bumpy ride this year... I won't waste another second, get reading love bugs 🕷❤️🥰📚

Chapter One

Third week of the semester. Halfway through all my classes. And here I was miserable and bored to no surprise. School? Not my strong suit. But Stefan wanted me to graduate. However, it was only bearable when he was here with me. I was again desperate to find some fun this school year. Perhaps without crazy drama like being kidnapped by a professor. If at all possible universe. But at least tomorrow was Friday and there was a football game, which I was going to, to have some fun before my weekend in bed, grieving my dead boyfriend. Or I could leave my empty dorm room and stay at Elena's off campus apartment and change dirty diapers among other things with baby Maverick. Hmmm.

"Pop quiz: Mr. Weatherly complains of chest pain and shortness of breath. Can anyone tell me what tests we run?" Ms. Laughlin asked, snapping me out from my running thoughts.

Mr. preppy, dork raised his hand up for the millionth time to answer, but Ms. Laughlin made it clear to look over him. "Gilbert," she said instead and I snorted.

"Which one?" I asked, rolling my eyes. Elena elbowed me gently and I gave her daggers. "Don't touch me," I hissed quietly.

"You, Kenzie," she smirked back, eyes narrowed.

"What was the question again?" I sighed.

"Mr. Weatherly has chest pains and shortness of breath, what test do we run?" Ms. Laughlin repeated.

I rolled my eyes. I knew this answer. "A pulmonary angiogram, duh. It provides a clear picture of the blood flow in the arteries of the lungs, which is what we look for in a pulmonary embolism, a condition in which Mr. Weatherly's symptoms are common."

"Good. Somebody's read ahead. Remember that. You'll need that in 3 years," Ms. Laughlin smirked, grabbing some type of bin off a cart next to where she stopped outside a large hallway in the university's hospital. "Here's the bedpan you need to know about today," she added, holding the 'bed pan' out towards me.

"No thanks," I smiled sweetly. She raised an eyebrow and Elena moves quickly to grab it for me.

"Moving on," our instructor said and everyone followed her while preppy boy turned to me. He gave me a quick once over from head to toe.

"I was impressed," he said with a slight smirk. Think his name was Larry. Or maybe Lane. Maybe Lionel. Something with an L. Lame. That's what I'll call him. Wannabe doctor Lame. Ha! Oh, wow... I sound like Damon coming up with nicknames. I miss him a lot too. Ugh.

"Whatever," I replied, walking past him. This already sucked. An internship in a hospital? There are so many other places I'd rather be, and a million other things I'd rather be doing.

***

I was more cheery when I entered my next class. Professor was Ric. And I was just early enough to catch him pouring a blood bag into a cup. "Want some?" He offered.

"No, I'm alright. I had some on the way over," I said, stopping at his front desk. "You know... this will never not be weird."

"What? That some ancient witch turned me into a vampire, or that four months ago, I rose from the dead?"

"Just that you're my college professor now," I smiled, heading to my seat. I decided to save both Elena and Tyler one. They both seemed to always be late coming here for some reason.