Spilled

"Have you heard about the partnership of your company, Sehun?" My long-distance friend Ji Hera asked me on the phone. She's currently in New York right now to study for college.

I looked at the view outside my window. It was already dark. The black color consumed the sky.

It was almost the end of the day. I usually describe things that way. Red for love and anger. Blue for peace and coolness. Black for sex and endings.

Looking away, I sighed. How I wished Hera was here.

Some people might be wondering if I'm a college student too since I have friends like her but the truth was...no. Hera was our family friend ever since I was young. Since both my parents were busy with work, she always visited me to take care of me and play with me.

She filled the gap made by the absence of my parents. There were times that I wanted to rebel about it, but Hera always made me think otherwise. Our company was the one supporting all of our needs. So it was kinda understandable.

Our company was the biggest shipping line in the country- Oh Shipping Lines. When I was young, my father- Charlie Oh, used to bring me to his office. He would often teach me how his work was done.

When I told him that I want to grow up just like him, I loved how my father smiled so bright. But I was suddenly pressured for some reason.

Now I am on my third year of high school, my father announced so sudden that I would have to change school. It wasn't because I have a problem with that, but making another adjustments would consume a lot of energy for me.

Well, I have always been an energetic son. Most of my friends knew my sexuality. When my parents figured it out, they weren't shock I was gay. They said they always had a hint about it.

I walked and lay down on my bed while holding my phone on my ear. I sighed dramatically. "Hera... I don't get it. Why would Dad choose the Park Corporation? I mean, there's the Lee's, the Kim's but the Park's? They're not even the most powerful corporation in the country."

"Well from what I heard, the owner of that corporation and your dad are friends ever since. Maybe it's just for friendship," she said, I heard some noise in her end.

Damon Park is the third most powerful business man in South Korea. They managed establishments like malls, schools and furnitures. They've been in the business world since then.

I sighed once again. I hated all the things in the business world so much— I just loved to learn how the shipments were made and how these things processed— and not all these extensions and stuff. But no one was going to take over our shipping line once my father retired. Unless I have a secret sibling who was willing to take over, I wouldn't mind at all. "When are you going to visit? I miss you."

She chuckled from the other line. "I miss you too, Sehun. But I still have another year here. Give my regards to your parents, okay?"

The call ended because Hera said she needed to study for an exam. Making me bored even more.

"Sehun?" I heard one of maids knocked and called.

I stood up to open the door. "Yeah?"

"Your mother has arrived. She's asking if you're ready for the party?"

I gulped. Yes, the celebration of the partnership of Park and Oh. I almost forgot that it was tonight. "Tell her I'll be ready. Is she going to the party with me?"

"No, she's with her friends right now. She said she'll meet you there."

I sadly nodded. For a moment, I thought I was going to have time with my mother. Then I remembered something. "I baked cookies a while ago. Can you put it in the bag that I purchased yesterday? I'm gonna give it to her."