Questions

Many questions. Many unanswered questions kept popping in my head. It was either I didn't know the answer or I was scared to answer it all. I was scared what might be the answer.

There were times we continue living with questions like these. Questions that we were all scared to answer. Questions that we didn't like fo answer. We try our best to push back those questions, trying to live being unbothered by it.

Kyungsoo taught me when we were young that if there were things we didn't want, we could just ignore it. He said that life would be simple if you only do the things you think you like. If you continue to live and appreciate what you have, everything would go simple and perfect.

I fell in love with him since then. He opened my eyes to everything. I learned how to appreciate every little thing that I had.

I was contented with the little attention that Kyungsoo would give me. I was contented when I told him that I love him before and he just gave me a big smile. I was contented with everything he gave me.

I wasn't asking for more. Because for me, asking for more was a lot of change. I wanted to wait to the day that he would say the words back to me willingly. The day that he would say it not just because I said it to him.

Those were the thoughts I have in my mind while buying snacks with Kyungsoo. We bought take out food from Dessertree. I stared at him. He always had that serious expression on his face. His wide eyes were so cute and his heart-shaped lips would show up whenever he smiles.

Then another question came into my head. A question that I didn't like. A question that I was scared to answer.

Why was my heart not feeling the same intensity as before? The same excitement? The same happiness?

I sighed when we returned to the art studio. My eyes immediately spotted Sehun and there was my heart again, beating so fast. It was like my vision tunneled and all it could see was him.

Throughout the whole time we did the project, I pushed back those thoughts. I pushed back all those feelings. I pushed back all the upcoming questions in my head.

Around four in the afternoon, we decided to stop and clean up the mess we made. I went outside to clean up the paint brushes that we used when Baekhyun suddenly yanked me behind the door of the art studio. We were out of the other's line of sight.

"Remember what I told you before?" His voice were stern unlike earlier.

I sighed and looked at him, exasperated that we were here again. "Baekhyun, this is for our project."

He raised an eyebrow. "Really? We still have a lot of time before the deadline of this project but you suddenly sound excited to do it. What are you planning?"

My eyebrows crunched together with his question. "I wasn't planning anything. It was Sehun who wanted to meet today."

Baekhyun gave me an unbelieving look, his eyes narrowed. Then after a minute of silence, he took a deep breath. "I'm warning you Chanyeol. If you're planning something to hurt Sehun again, you'll regret it."

"I'm not planning anything!" I snapped. "I just wanted us to be friends!"

"Friends, huh?" He placed both his hands on his hips like a teacher annoyed with his students. "You know what Chanyeol? This whole thing with you and Sehun reminds me of someone. You know who?"

"Who?" I didn't know where this was going but I asked him.

Baekhyun smirked at me sarcastically. "It reminds me of you and Kyungsoo."