Date

I woke up very early on the next day. Not that I was so excited but the truth was, I couldn't get proper sleep. I was so nervous to even sleep.

This was the first time I asked someone on a date with me. In my years of history in this planet, that never happened before. Another first time on my list.

What should I do? Should I bring him to an expensive restaurant and just eat? That sounded so formal and boring.

I told Chanyeol that we'll meet in the mall by 9:30 in the morning. I looked at my watch and saw that it was still seven. Suddenly, I an idea came to me and I sent a text message to Chanyeol. Then I immediately went down to the kitchen.

"Sehun! Good morning." I was surprised to see my father in the kitchen.

"Dad? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in Singapore with Mom?"

He sat down in front of the kitchen counter with a cup of coffee. "Well, we had some minor emergencies in the office so I came back."

I walked to the fridge and opened it. I found some of the ingredients I needed. "Minor emergencies? You went back to Seoul just for some minor emergencies? That's new."

My father smiled as he brought down his cup from his mouth. He gave that teasing look that would make my mom blush. "And... I heard you were quite busy these past few days."

There it goes.

My face flushed. "Just some... tutoring Dad."

I heard him giggle. "Tutoring, huh?"

"Yeah," I stuttered. I put down the ingredients in the counter. "With a friend."

"So that's why you've been baking him a lot of cookies, then?"

The box of flour slipped from my hand when he said that. I knew it was the time to speak up. I took a deep sigh and told my father what I've been doing and planning these past few days.

I looked at his expression. He didn't judge what I said. More than that, he looked like he was kind of concern. He was unconsciously tapping his cup. "Are you sure about this?"

I bit my lip. Why was everyone kept asking this? First, Hera and now Dad. Was courting Chanyeol really a bad idea?

"Yes, Dad," I simply answered. I don't want my mood to be ruined because of this. This was going to be a special day.

He sighed. "I'm just worried, Sehun. We don't want you to get hurt."

I didn't say anything else after that.

At exactly nine, I arrived in our meeting place. I saw Chanyeol standing in front of a stand where they sell toy figurines. He was looking at the toys with a huge smile. He was dressed in a blue polo shirt and black pants. His hair was combed perfectly. He was carrying his backpack on his back.

This was perfect. Nothing to worry about here.

I put the bag of cookies in front of his smiling face. I watched how his eyes widened and smiled even more brightly as took the bag.

My heart was contented with that. Just him smiling because of my cookies, was enough for me.

"Sehun!" He sounded surprised and happy that I couldn't help but smile back.

"Why do you sound so surprised?"

He was still grinning as he shook his head. He placed the bag on his backpack then looked around. "Why did you bring me to a mall for our first date?"