Assurance

Sehun and I didn't talk after that. He immediately went to the bathroom after my confession. I wanted him to have time to think, just like what he requested.

"So before we have our dinner, we still have one activity to do," Hera announced once we came back to the lounge. "Before the sun sets, we are going to have our own photo walk. In this activity, we all want you to express beauty around the place. With your cameras or phones, take a picture of the beautiful things you see around. In the end, you will pick one picture and make a caption. We will choose who has the best photo in the end of the retreat. Good luck!"

The photo walk activity was a peaceful activity. Most of our classmates were just strolling around the place. Taking pictures of the beautiful sunset. Talking and laughing.

Baekhyun was nowhere to be found. I spotted Yixing doing the activity with Jongdae and Minseok. I wonder what happened to Baekhyun? I felt bad for him. He was in love with Sehun. He was willing to fight me for Sehun.

Biting my lip, it wasn't that I wanted to be selfish. I hurt Sehun before, but that wouldn't stop me to try again. I wanted Sehun to know that I could reciprocate his feelings, if he ever still has.

I wanted to stay where I was and watch them together. But I couldn't. My heart couldn't and wouldn't.

Sehun deserved better, probably better than me. But if he still wanted me, who am I not to give myself to him? Who am I to constrain the love that I could give?

I looked at the yellow-orange colored sunset. It was so beautiful. Calming. Refreshing. Somehow it also made me sad. The sunset reminded me that every beautiful thing could still end up with darkness. It was scary.

I sighed and looked at the person beside me. Sehun has been silent for a while. It wasn't because I was complaining, I knew he has a lot of things in his mind. I wanted him to think about my confession earlier.

Taking out my phone, I clicked the Camera icon. I started taking pictures of our surroundings. The beach, the sunset, the happy people. But somehow, it didn't look beautiful.

Then I turned to my partner who was watching the sunset. Something inside my heart warmed. Sehun looked so beautiful. It was like staring at a painting. Beautiful and full of mystery.

Unconsciously, I took a picture of him like that. I smiled when I saw the picture. It was beautiful. Sehun's side profile with the light from the sunset radiating around him, was so perfect.

"Did you take a picture?" Sehun asked me when I told him that we should go back to the lobby. He looked frantic for a moment.

I smiled at him. "Yeah. Just took a few, but it was enough."

We took our table to prepare for our dinner. Then Hera told us to pass the pictures for the contest. Sehun looked at me once again, and I smiled at him reassuringly.

Hera was in a solo table with her Mcbook. When she saw me approaching, she sneered. "Send it quick."

I rolled my eyes at her. She clearly has a problem with me. I sent her the picture of Sehun.

When the picture showed in her laptop, she looked surprised. She stared at it for a second then turned to me. "What's the caption?"

I told her the caption I had in mind. She immediately cringed. "That's so cheesy, Chanyeol."

With a blush on my face, I glared at her. "Shut up."

"Does Sehun even know about this?"

"No, he doesn't."