Chances

Second chances only happened once in a lifetime. Some people would often take it for granted. And some would thank the heavens on the oppurtunity given.

But second chances were meaningless if you haven't learned anything from your mistakes. It would be like giving someone another bullet when they shot you in the first one.

That was how thankful I was when I realized about the chance that was given to me. Probably not as straight to the point but I knew that even in little things I was still thankful.

I checked my watch to see the time again, hoping it ran faster than before. An hour early. Sighing and glared my carry bagage beside me. I failed at not showing how excited I was at this retreat. I was already in front of the school gate beside the empty bus waiting for everyone.

My phone rang suddenly. It was Jongin. "Hello?"

"Dude! Do you have that usual extra chocolate cologne that you use? Can you bring an extra?"

I sighed once again deeply. "I'm in school already."

"What? Are you kidding me? This early?" He laughed so hard, I couldn't help but roll my eyes. "Someone's excited to spend the day with his hubby."

I reddened profusely. "Shut up."

He was still laughing mockingly. "Uh-uh. I bet you're trying your best not to look excited but you're all dressed up and ready to impress."

Looking down at the blue striped dress shirt and black trousers that I was wearing, my face reddened more. I don't usually wear dress shirts, I bit my lip. "No I'm not." I lied.

Jongin made another mocking sound. "Park Chanyeol, you are such an obvious lovesick child."

"Shut up, I'm not!" I snapped and immediately ended the call because all he did was laugh.

I was not that excited okay. I did not call Sehun last night to check if he was really going to attend the retreat. And I certainly did not jumped for joy when he said that he will.

Sighing for the nth time, okay fine. Yes, I did.

To be honest, it took almost half a minute before Sehun talked in the phone. I knew everything was still awkward between us but he was my buddy. My partner. My other half.

I smiled with that thought. Shit, Jongin's right. I am a lovesick child.

"Chanyeol?"

My heart jumped in surprise when a voice from my back suddenly talked. I turned and saw a very handsome Oh Sehun- wearing a magenta polo shirt and blue jeans. His hair was styled up and his face looked so fresh. He was wearing a backpack on his back.

I smiled at him even though my heart was doing jumping jacks. "Hey. Good morning."

"You're very early."

I cleared my throat and tried to look casual. "Uh, yeah. I didn't want to be late."

He raised an eyebrow at me and grinned. "Really, huh?"

My face flushed at how cocky he looked but still so handsome. "Of course!"

"You usually come to school right on time," he pressed. "How come now, you're an hour early?"

I groaned and closed my eyes. I didn't want to answer him. To be honest, I did not know how to answer him without embarrassing myself.

Spending half an hour with him in silence was unbelievably perfect. We stood next to each other while waiting fo everyone. My heart was nervous and happy at the same time. I did not want this to end so soon.