Happy

Have you ever wished that something happened in your life was just a nightmare? That you could just wake up from the bad dream and thank the heavens that it was over? That you could just pretend that it never happened at all and your day will just go on like the normal days.

That's what I hoped would happen when I woke up in Baekhyun's bed alone. My head was still aching, probably from the hangover from last night. I looked around the bedroom to acquire where I was.

It was a wide room painted with white all around the walls. There was a huge wide-screen television in front of the four-post bed. There was a small sofa on the left side of the bed and a study table on the right. It was a bit cold inside but it was relaxing.

I took a deep breath and looked at the lamp table beside the bed. I noticed a medicine and a glass of water. When my head panged once again, I immediately swallowed the medicine and drank the water. It made the pain lessen.

I stood up and felt the floor was cold. I noticed that I was wearing a pair of white pajamas. My stomach growled suddenly because of hunger.

Opening the bedroom door, my nose caught the smell of something cooking. Just a few steps, I saw Baekhyun in the kitchen. He was busy preparing breakfast.

"Good morning," my voice croaked and I immediately cleared my throat. "I'm sorry."

He looked up at me and smiled brightly. "Good morning! Is your head still aching?"

My hand immediately moved to my head, rubbing my forehead as I walked closer to him. I stopped in front of the kitchen counter. "A bit. I still feel a little fuzzy in the head. And a nightmare."

Baekhyun paused and bit his lip for a moment. "It wasn't a nightmare, Sehun."

My heart skipped a beat. I knew it wasn't.

There was a moment of silence between us. The only noise that I could hear was the skewering of the laddle to the pan. Baekhyun was cooking egg omelete and bacon. My stomach growled once again.

Baekhyun snickered. "Just a little more wait, honey."

I pouted and leaned my face on the counter. My heart was suddenly nervous. "What happened last night, Baekhyun?"

He cleared his throat. His eyes were on his cooking but his expression was serious. "You don't remember anything?"

I closed my eyes to the flashbacks in my head. The party... The dancing... Until me kneeling in front of Chanyeol. I groaned in regret. "Please tell me that wasn't true."

He sighed in defeat. "I wish I could tell you that, Sehun. But it is."

I raised my head. The guilt was creeping inside my head. "I should apologize to Chanyeol later."

Baekhyun set up plates in front of us. "I don't think that's a good idea. I'm sure he's mad of you."

"But he has the right to be mad." My fingers squiggled in the counter. "I ruined his date with Kyungsoo."

He placed the food in the middle of our plates. "He ruined your birthday." He uttered while walking to the refrigerator to take out a pitcher of orange juice. "You guys are on the same level."

I shook my head. "Still, it was still wrong of me to do that."

"Sehun, you were drunk. Partly, it was my fault. I let you wander off during the night."

"No, it is not your fault," my breathing hitched. I don't want Baekhyun to take the blame of my stupidity last night. "It was all mine. Please, don't ever think about it."