Best Friend

"I need to change my uniform first..." I whispered after a long time of silence. I could still hear the fast beating of my heart. I made a step back.

Chanyeol suddenly just broke into a laughter. His eyes hinted with amusement. "You're kidding, right? About what you just said?"

A part of my heart pinged so hard, it hurt. He didn't believe me. Of course. Who would, right? We just met like twice and it wasn't even a nice meeting. But I looked at him with a straight face and slowly smiled. "What if I'm not?"

He stopped laughing at my question. His expression turned something like a realization. He finally realized I was serious. "But..."

I tried to give him a chuckle to lighten the mood. All of my fears and worries earlier were gone. I also had a realization within me and a decision. If I'm going to be awkward, then all of this will be awkward. I wanted something more between me and Chanyeol. Something that I can have if I let myself be brave. And this time, I will be.

To whoever said that love at first sight wasn't true, please explain to me why my heart was beating frantically at this guy.

I took a deep breath to calm my nervous heart. My hands stopped shaking. I gave him a lopsided smile. "Do you really want me to stay standing like this? Smelling like a spaghetti?"

He looked at my whole being. "Well, you looked delicious though," He smirked and I immediately blushed. "But yeah, you're also quite sticky."

"Thank you very much for pointing out the obvious," I rolled my eyes on him and walked to the comfort room. He followed just right behind me.

I quickly changed and cleaned myself up. Good thing Chanyeol brought some wet wipes to help me wash away the odd smell. Wearing his spare uniform, it made me look small. The sleeves were quite hanging in my thin arms.

"You look like those rappers you can see on TV," he raised an eyebrow at me. I just gave him a mock expression that made him chuckle.

I fixed the strap of my necktie to finish when he spoke again. He held my arm suddenly. "Let's eat lunch outside the campus."

Shocked, I looked back at him. "Outside? Is that even allowed?"

"Of course! There's this cafe that serves delicious food just outside. So?" Chanyeol looked as so expectant.

I was about to say something when my tummy growled loudly. I bit my lip and closed my eyes in embarrassment.

He chuckled. "I guess that's a yes?"

Pouting, I touched my hungry stomach. "Yeah."

The cafe he mentioned was named 'Dessertree'. It felt so relaxing inside and I could already smell the delicious scent of cakes. I haven't been here before but I've heard about it. I turned to Chanyeol when we stepped inside. "Isn't this for desserts and such?"

"I have sweet tooth and I'm craving one." He gave me his toothbrush-commercial kind of smile. I felt my heart tugged and just nodded.

Sweets for lunch. Suddenly KimChi Spaghetti sounded nice.

It's not that I hate sweets, honestly I loved it so much. I bake cookies, cakes and such. But once in a while my mouth wanted something different. Something less sweet.

But since this was Chanyeol's idea and I was totally hooked to this attractive guy with a perfect smile, I have no more say.

Chanyeol ordered the food for us. When the waitress smiled at us as she gave our orders, I couldn't help but smile too. I looked at the food that Chanyeol got for us. A chocolate mousse, four slices or chocolate cake and a plate of chocolate cookies. We have Java Chips frappucinos as drinks.