Get There

(A/N) 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝗼𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝗼𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝗼𝐫𝐲. 𝐒𝗼𝗺𝐞 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝗼𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝗼𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐩𝗼𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝗼𝐧 𝐀𝐎3. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝗼 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝗼𝐠𝐮𝐞. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝗼𝐮 𝐟𝗼𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝗼𝐫𝐲!
——

I sighed as I watched Jongin took his seat in our school bus. My friend looked frustrated as he stared at his phone. He was probably still trying to contact Kyungsoo, who was missing since this morning.

When Jongin asked me what he should do earlier, I absent-mindedly gave him a, 'Huh?' Here was my friend, a playboy, a flirt who dated a lot people, asking me what he should do.

Ironic.

Sehun told him to try to contact Kyungsoo and see what happen. That Jongin has been doing now. We managed to explain Kyungsoo's absence to Mr. Lee, saying that there was a sudden emergency that he needed to go to. Mr. Lee immediately bought it anyway, though we were a little confused about it.

We were on our way back to our school. I wrapped my arm around my boyfriend's slim waist who was beside me. He showed me a small smile.

"Are you okay?" I whispered.

He pouted and looked at the front. "Hera sent me a text. She said she would go home with Baekhyun in her car."

I remained silent. Something inside me was suddenly nervous. A conclusion came to my mind. "So they really know each other?"

"Probably." Sehun looked down and played with his fingers. "I'm worried, babe. I wanted to apologize to Baekhyun but..."

"He's still hurt," I tried to console him. "Let's give him time."

He nodded and took a deep breath. When he looked back on me, he finally showed a genuine smile. "So what do you want to do back home?"

I traced the blade of his shoulder in circular motion. "Let's watch movies at home?"

Sehun raised an eyebrow. "You sure you wouldn't be tired?"

"If you're with me, I won't be," I winked at him and he giggled. His laughter sounded so beautiful, it calmed my nerves instantly.

The ride back to school was smooth. Everyone was sleepy and tired from last night. I heard that some of our classmates had a celebration party outside the hotel. Sehun and I weren't there because we wanted to go back to our room fast.

When we arrived at school, our family's driver was already there waiting. After saying goodbye to some of Sehun's friends, we went off. I squeezed Sehun's hand when we entered the gates of our mansion.

He turned to me and leaned in. "Where are your parents?"

I shrugged. "I'm not sure. I haven't heard from them since the dinner."

Sehun looked at me like I said something peculiar. It wasn't though.

Our maids greeted us when we entered the living room. Some of them attended Sehun and took his bag. I asked one of them about my sister's whereabouts and said that she was at work. I instructed them to prepare snacks when Sehun butted in. "I'll do it."

I faced him. "But you're tired."

"I'm not," he assured and smiled at me. "And besides, it has been long since I've baked cookies."