Chapter 8- At Last, I See The Light (Part 2)

To: Ian HeCOCKS                                                                                                                                                  That never happened. 

That's what I sent Ian as we walked to Fantasyland with the Crew. Thankfully, they didn't see well... that. Instead, they all chatted about how Joven's screams scared a little kid while on the ride. As we walked, I was beside Mari and she just rambled on and on about how she and Peter did this, how she and Peter did that. 

I looked over at Ian to see if he read my text. After a few seconds of looking at his phone, his eyes shot back up and diverted to mine. His eyes met mine for a few seconds until he gave me a really quick wink. 

I snorted at his cheesy gesture and rolled my eyes. I brought my phone out and I messaged Ian.

To: Ian HeCOCKS

         Hot. Real hot, Ian (note the sarcasm).

I turned my head to see Ian reading my text. After reading it, he mouthed to me, you know you love it.

No, I don't! I mouthed back while shaking my head vigorously. 

"Nate?" Mari calls, and I snap my head quickly to face her. "Who or what are you shaking your head at?" She asks and looks in the direction I was looking at a while ago. 

"No one," I answer back quickly. I look around to find an excuse and then I spot something, rather, someone. "Oh, look! Can we ride the carousel? Please?" I add, putting up my best puppy dog face. 

"Sure, it looks like there are barely any people anyway. Crew, to the carousel!" Mari calls, before we all dash to the short queue.

While in line, I feel a buzz in my pocket and see that my phone just received a text. 

From: Ian HeCOCKS

            That puppy dog face looked terrible. 

I snort and look over at Ian, who was looking at me. I mocked him by mouthing, you know you love it! And blowing him an obnoxious kiss. 

 Ian rolled his eyes and pointed into his mouth, as if trying to vomit. 

I smirked and typed: 

To: Ian HeCOCKS

        Who looks terrible now, vomit boy? 

-------------------------

Ian's P.O.V.

I watched her as we went around in circles on Cinderella's carousel. She was so pretty as the wind flowed through her hair, as the midday sun glowed around her and as she laughed at Lasercorn's childish actions. Okay, that sounded extremely cheesy.

Her laugh was so cute. The way her nose and eyes crinkled, and the way she slightly snorted as she laughed was extremely adorable. 

As creepy as is sounds, I couldn't stop smiling at her. It was so hard not to, because everything about her was happy, funny and extremely beautiful.

"You really like her, huh?" A voice asked me, making me jump a mile high up. 

I look to my right and notice that it's Sohinki talking to me. "Oh, hey, Matt. Beautiful day we're having, huh?" I say, avoiding his question. 

"It's a very beautiful day, but you didn't answer my question, Ian." Sohinki smirked, crossing his arms. 

I acted clueless. "What question?"