Chapter 13- Whistle While You Work

PLEASE READ A/N AT THE END, IT'S IMPORTANT! :)

-------------------------------------

On the plane, Ian and I agreed that we wouldn't tell Anthony everything that happened during our stay in Disney. We said we'd tell him about the story of us getting together, but the story about my mental breakdown should not be spoken of. No one, especially Anthony, should know about the the little incident that might have cost me my life, because he's just going to get mad and tell my dad.

But of course, he was bound to find out.

"What the fuck, Nate?!" Anthony groaned, rubbing his eyes. "What happened exactly?"

"It was an accident, Anthony, I swear!" I defended myself. "I didn't even know that could happen to me!"

"Why didn't you just stop running?" Anthony sighed, exasperated.

"I don't know, okay? I don't know what came over me, nor do I know how to fix it!" I rebutted. "I don't know what happened to me, I don't know how we're going to deal with this. All I know is that I'm fine, I'm happy, and I don't need any medical treatment at the moment!" I screamed defensively, my voice getting louder as each word came out of my mouth.

Anthony sighed in defeat, running a hand through his hair. "Alright, fine. But as soon as this happens again to you, we're getting help. Got it?"

I glared at Anthony for a second. I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself, god damn it! I don't need a fucking babysitter or parole officer for that matter. If I had to explore the world under the care of some stupid cousin of mine, I might as well have stayed home!

But, Anthony was my cousin. Though I don't know him for so long yet, I know him well enough to understand the fact that he cares. I know he loves me, and only wants the best and safest for me. Besides, no one wants to anger my dad.

I sigh, "Yes, got it."

"Good, now come here." Anthony said, motioning for me to go over to him, where he then held his arms out. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. I placed my head on his chest and felt him sigh and kiss the top of my head. "I almost lost you, cousin. Don't you ever do that to me again."

I laugh silently, my head still on his chest, "Of course, Anthony. I'm a big girl, I can handle myself!" I smirked, looking up at him.

Anthony gave me the are you serious? look and teased, "Uh-huh. Which is why Uncle Arthur totally let you go outside by yourself."

I smacked the back of his head and said unamusingly, "Shut up, Anthony. It's bad enough that we can't tell him anything that happened. He still thinks you live by yourself. Boy, was he wrong."

"Speaking of my roommate, I'm going to kill him."

"Woah, what? Anthony, Ian didn't do anything wrong! Don't bring him into this! He did all that he could do to help me." I defended Ian.

Anthony chuckled, "No, I'm going to kill him for being such a chicken and not asking you out earlier." He replied, smirking evilly.

Both our heads whipped to Ian, who was sitting at the dining table, scrolling through his phone and sipping some tea.

"What?" Ian asked, confused.

"You idiot! Why didn't you ask her out earlier? Like, I don't know, at the wedding? You guys almost kissed, right?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Who told you-"

"Wow, so you needed to actually, really impress her, huh?" Anthony teased Ian, "That you just had to bring her to Disneyland for her to actually like you."