[15] i spy, with my little eye.

Planetary News: Tesla Tomas was caught trying to board a passenger craft in Red Mist. A flight attendant recognized him and reported the man to the local authority. Cherry Ford hasn't been found yet.

Oli's teenage roommates had made it hard for her to sleep, constantly laughing and squealing as they reminisced about their home lives and how much they would miss getting pounded by their boyfriends now that they were becoming nuns

She didn't want to tell them to shut up and get into an argument, having been their age once. Teenagers only listened to those they adored, and themselves. Instead, Oli left the room, using this as a chance to snoop around and get the layout of the city before the welcoming ceremony.

"Where are you going, newcomer?" Yolanda asked.

Oli withdrew her hand from the doorknob and turned to the deacon with a smile. "Me going lookin' for food." It wasn't a complete lie. Dolph had served her a small plate of whale meat, claiming high demand had left him with barely any for himself.

"You should have come to me." Yolanda crossed her arms and looked down on Oli. She was a tall and muscular woman, and the glare in her eyes would have scared most people. But Oli had dealt with far bigger threats. And if it came to it, she would gladly put the cyborg down.

Oli scratched the back of her neck and pretended to be clueless. "Yuh never did tell we weh we cud find yuh. Me did hope by going outside, de believers wud show me weh dem served food."

"Hmm." Yolanda's lip curled.

At five-foot-three, Oli wasn't intimidating at all—and that was the mistake her enemies made. Her short height and pear-shaped body portrayed her as weak and innocent. But the moment they attacked her, they regretted it.

"Fine, I'll take you to the Dining Hall." Yolanda passed Oli and opened the front door. "Follow me."

Horns honked, vehicles beeped as they backed up, and brakes squealed while the two went in the opposite direction of the entrance gate. Oli smiled. Things like noise pollution couldn't be escaped as long as humans were involved.

The Believers roamed the streets welcoming people with hugs and smiles, creases forming at the corner of their mouths, eyes, and forehead. It looked painful to be that happy all the time. Some newcomers grimaced at the cultists' expressions and winced at their touch, but said nothing.

Bishops and deacons stood outside their respective apartment buildings, speaking to the newcomers before waving at Yolanda when she passed with Oli.

They reached the end of the street, and Oli's nose flared and stomach groaned when the rich smell of brewed coffee and cooking oil from fryer vats entered her nostrils. She gulped while staring at the two Dining Halls. Behind them were other streets and apartment buildings.

Above the entries of the streets were black and white holo-numbers and words. The numbers of the apartments glowed in white, and below them was the category of occupants in black, reading: Believers.