[21] foreshadow.

Space News: The notorious thief, Mr. Shoelaces, has released a statement claiming he wasn't involved with the theft of shoelaces in the cargo ship to Titan. He says his operation is only planetary, and thus, we're dealing with a copycat. So far, no one has claimed responsibility for the larceny.

 So far, no one has claimed responsibility for the larceny

"Don't yuh have a ceremony tuh conduct?" Oli asked.

After Jerry and Catherine took her to the office, the nuns showed up fifteen minutes later. Being stuck in a room without any pictures on the walls, no shelf with books in it, or anything else apart from a desk, drove her to boredom.

Sister Mary ate a green apple, chewing after every two bites. She hadn't said a word since arriving, having walked past Oli and sitting behind her desk.

Sister Ophelia sat on the windowsill and stared outside, seeming to be deep in thought.

Sister Patricia stood a few paces away from Sister Mary with her hands behind her back, glaring at Oli. When the hyena spoke, the seven-foot woman's left eye twitched, as though the bounty hunter's voice annoyed her.

"Can yuh at least tell me wah me here?" Oli tried to remain calm and composed, but deep down she was screaming at the top of her voice. The three people she wanted to avoid had found out about her. Now her escape plan was thrown out of the window, and she had broken her promise to Victoria. And on top of that, she was going to die without saying goodbye to her mother.

"Relax, hyena," Sister Mary said before opening the top drawer and putting the apple's core inside. She placed her arms on the desk and smiled. "I want to know why you came here with the coyote?"

"Who, Wolf? Me nuh—"

Sister Patricia smacked Oli with the back of her hand, sending her crashing to the floor, making her head spin and body ache. But Oli immediately stood and picked up the chair, sitting down with a groan, massaging her jaw.

"Dis an interrogation? Good tuh know." Oli had experienced far worse from enemies who wanted the passcode to her Executioner's account. She ended up killing them. But even if she had given them the passcode, each hyena's account was tailored for them specifically. If someone else logged in, they would see static.

"This is a test, not an interrogation," Sister Mary corrected Oli, her eyes glowing with excitement. "I know the answers to the questions I will ask you. I just want to see if you will tell me the truth. That is all." She leaned back on the chair and put her hands behind her head. "Coyotes come here to save Victoria all the time. I love the look of despair when they realize Little Vicky has betrayed them. Oooh!" She moaned and hugged her body. "It drives me insane when I see a human lose hope. Because without hope for anything, something, then why do you keep living?"

"Is dat—"

Sister Patricia smacked her again with the back of her hand. This time the nun used so much force, it sent Oli crashing against the wall. Unlike before, she didn't stand right after impact. She lay on the floor, waiting for the blur blinding her vision to clear. Blood dribbled from the cut inside her cheek, leaving her tongue in a pool of iron before spitting it out. Some streamed down the side of her face, the wound above her eyebrow throbbing.