Chapter 7

~Seyeon~

I spent everyday following Yoongi and the others around since I was on leave for a while. Although I knew he was going to be spending time on his own work, a part of me secretly wished he'll spend more time with me. Just because I missed him so much these days but Yoongi was busy. Just like always.

I know I shouldn't feel like this but I can't help it. I wanted to be a little selfish with what I want. I don't doubt his love for me because I know that he loves me. I never once doubt it because Yoongi showed his love through the littlest thing – if I pay attention, I'll see it. Just like right now. Even though he was busy with his work, he was here with me. In my apartment.

While Yoongi was working, I kept quiet, just braiding my hair while I sit on the ground and in front of the mirror.

"Seyeon?"

All my thoughts dispersed.

"Yeah?"

Yoongi placed his laptop on my sofa before he propped his elbow on the pillow in his lap, "So, what do you want?"

I stopped braiding my hair, "Me? What for?"

"Your birthday."

Oh, right. My birthday. I forgot about that. The fact that Yoongi remembered made me happy but I didn't let it show. Just because I know he might not be free that day to spend it with me.

I continued braiding as I replied, nonchalantly, "I don't need anything. I've got everything I want and need already."

I heard Yoongi scoffed at my reply and glanced over my shoulder to see him smirk. "You're talking about me."

"What else will I be talking about?" I looked back at the mirror. "Also, cocky much?"

"Seyeon-ah."

I looked over my shoulder again. Yoongi placed the pillow beside him and rest both his elbows on his knees as he leaned forward.

"I'm serious here. What do you want?"

I opened my mouth to answer him but he cut me off, saying, "I'm talking about your wants. They are different from your needs."

"I—" I shook my head. "I don't really have anything I want..."

Shaking his head, Yoongi playfully threw the pillow at me, messing up my hair in the process.

"Hey!" I scowled.

"Think about it and let me know," Yoongi told me before getting his laptop and then getting to his feet. "I need to go now."

"Already?"

I almost cursed myself for that. I could hear desperation in my tone and I didn't like that. Yoongi's a busy man, of course he wouldn't stay here with me for long. Still, that didn't stop me from wishing he could stay with me a little longer.

"Yeah, I'm needed at the studio."

I held back my sigh and nodded, turning back to the mirror. "Well, good luck with that then. Don't work too hard."

When I didn't hear or see Yoongi move, I slowly looked over my shoulder to see him giving me a look of confusion and something else.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you not want me to go?"

I shook my head, "Just go. I have something else going on later anyways." That was a lie. We both know I don't have anything going on.

Yoongi placed his hands on his hip as he glanced down at me, "Why don't you try being honest with me for once?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I glared. "I am honest."

"So you want me to go?"

I opened my mouth to tell him 'yes' but then couldn't say it even if I wanted to. Instead of answering him, I shuffled away from the mirror and turned my back towards him as I glanced at the wall, arms folded over my chest.

For a long while, neither of us moved or say anything. It was better that way though. I hate fighting with Yoongi and I know he feels the same too. We get along really well... but that's probably because we try to avoid anything that could cause us to fight. Sometimes, it's best for me to just keep quiet.

"You don't want me to go," he stated.

Arms still crossed, I glared at him over my shoulder. I thought he'd looked annoyed or maybe even guilty but was a little taken back when I saw that he looked like he was deep in thoughts.

"Get up."

I didn't.

"Tiny."

I scowled at him before getting up to my feet, arms still crossed and yes, I was still glaring at him.

Rolling his eyes at me, Yoongi stepped towards me, reaching for my arm. He pulled me towards him slightly.

"Are you mad?"

"Uh, yeah."

"For what?"

"You need to leave," I reminded him. "I hardly think this is the time to—"

"Make sure you're free."

"What?"

"Let's go on a date," Yoongi said before glancing down at my watch. He really just grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him so that he can see what the time is?

"Can you hear me?" he asked, bringing my attention to him.

I sighed, "Will you even be free?"

Yoongi arched his eyebrows, "What?"

I shook my head, not wanting to argue with him. "You better not stand me up."

"Have I ever?"

"Well, no, but you never know what will happen," I shrugged. "You should leave. You have work to do, don't you?"

"Stop pouting and glaring and I will."

I glared.

"See," Yoongi said, smirking. "There it is."

I said nothing.

"I won't be able to concentrate if you're like this," he said, all serious. "Are we good? Or do we need to talk some more?"

I sighed, moving towards him, looping my arms around his neck. Then, I leaned towards him, pressing my lips against his.

Yoongi kissed me back briefly before resting his hands on my waist, pulling back. "Stop holding back, Seyeon. I'm not a mind reader, you know. I also suck at doing relationships too."

"I'm sorry," I mumbled. "I just—miss you these days. That's all."

"I know," he said, looking apologetic. "I'll try and make more time for you, okay? The sooner my songs are finalised, we'll have a bit of time together before the members and I are busy all over again."

"Yeah," I mumbled.

"You happy?"

Lifting my eyes to meet his, I frowned, "What?"

"That we'll be spending time together on your birthday?"

I smiled wearily, "Well, yeah."

Yoongi studied me for a beat before nodding, eyes filled with determination. "Then I'll definitely make sure I'm free that day."