Chapter 34

~Seyeon~

When I received a text from Hoseok that says Yoongi's shoulder injury was acting up again, I rushed to find him. I knew all too well that everyone will be busy and that I'll probably make things worse but I still couldn't help it. I wanted to see for myself that he's okay. 

While I was rushing there, something caught my eyes in the hallway... or should I say, someone. Jimin. With a girl.

They were huddled in the corner in the darkest area where there's little light. He had the girl's face in his hands as he kissed her passionately, over and over again.

My eyes widened at the sight. Even though we'd suspected that there was a girl... I didn't think he'd have her here. Especially after sneaking around to go see her.

The girl and I made eye contact as Jimin pulled away from the kiss. Seeing that her gaze was on me, Jimin glanced over my shoulder at me.

I awkwardly waved, "H-hi Jimin."

Jimin looked surprised to see me. He turned his back towards the girl and she hid behind him even though they both knew I already saw her.

"Noona," Jimin said with a breathy laugh. "Are you looking for Yoongi?"

I nodded. "Y-yeah. Can you, maybe, tell me where to go? I don't think he's going to answer my texts if I text him."

"I'll walk you there," Jimin said, turning around to face the mysterious girl once more. "Just give me a second, noona."

Even though I didn't want to look, I couldn't help but be curious at the two. Jimin bent his head down towards her, nuzzling the tip of his nose against hers, making her giggle at the gesture.

Smiling at her, Jimin dropped a kiss to her forehead before murmuring something to her. At her nodding, Jimin gently touched her cheek before pulling away.

I quickly averted my eyes as Jimin came my way.

"You saw," he said as he draped his arm around me. "Didn't you?"

I cleared my throat. "Maybe I was a little curious, Jimin."

Jimin grinned down at me.

"You have lip gloss on you," I mumbled, pointing to his lips.

Jimin wiped away the lip gloss with the back of his hand. "Is it still there?"

I took a glance at his lips and then shook my head, "All gone."

Jimin and I came to a stop when we saw the room. He placed both hands on my shoulder and I suddenly feel small. Well, Jimin is taller than me but still, I was older than him. Right now it didn't feel like it.

"Good luck, noona," Jimin said with a chuckle. "Yoongi's been in a mood but I think you can fix that."

"Do you think so?" I asked, quietly.

Jimin gently tousled my hair. "Hyung loves you a lot. I think he missed you these days, noona. Have faith, okay?"

I nodded, feeling braver than I was. "Okay! I'll do it."

Jimin opened the door for me and winked, "Good luck!"

"Right!" I said, about to step into the room but then stopped. "Uh, Jimin?"

"Hm?"

"You might want to fix your hair," I said, trailing off. "And... maybe your shirt."

Jimin glanced down at his ruffled shirt and winked at me. "She's a wild one."

I made a face at that and Jimin made a face back at me before we started laughing at one another.

***

"Yoongi," I began as I approached him. I saw him stiffened for a second before he went back to doing his own thing. I took in the sight of his bandaged shoulder and my heart broke at that.

Yoongi stood up after he finished tying his shoes.

"Are you going to keep ignoring me?" I asked, softly.

Yoongi's answer was to walk right past me without saying a single word or glance my way. Not once did Yoongi ever make me feel like this. Like I was invisible.

Defect.

I could hear the whispers from the past, making my heart ached even more as tears pricked my eyes.

Die.

"Oh? Seyeon." It was Namjoon.

I didn't move or acknowledge him but I could feel him approaching me.

Namjoon placed his large hand on my shoulder, moving in front of me and bending down so low so that he could peer at my face.

Looking at him, I could see that he'd just gotten off stage from his solo performance. He looked exhausted but like the others, so beautiful.

His eyes softened as he took in my expression. "Seyeon-ah."

I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hands, wailing. "Namjoon-ah!"

Tears rolled down my face even though I tried so hard not to cry anyways. I felt bad for Namjoon because he looked scared. And even though he was scared, he didn't hesitate and pulled me against him. With me being so short, the hug felt so awkward but it was what I needed.

I felt his large hand lightly patting the back of my head as I snuggled against him. "I'm sorry," I croaked.

"Don't be," Namjoon said with a chuckle. "It feels like I'm hugging a kid."

I laughed, wiping my tears away, "I'll let you get away with that but don't forget I'm older than you."

"Does it matter?" Namjoon pulled back, hands on my shoulders as he bent down so that we could make eye contact. "Is it Yoongi?"

"Well—"

Namjoon reached out, brushing away what's left of my tears with the back of his hand, his knuckles skimming soothingly over my cheek. "Our pretty Seyeonie shouldn't cry. It makes us sad."

I smiled, feeling tears pricked my eyes once more. "I missed you guys."

Namjoon straightened himself, tousling my hair, "We missed you too. Will you be joining us later? We're drinking."

I shook my head. "Uh, I have things to do," I mumbled, even though we both know I have nothing to do. I've already been rejected by Yoongi so I want to avoid it. I'll try again another day.

Namjoon sighed, "If I don't respect the guy so much..."

"You'll kick his butt for me?" I asked, hopeful.

Namjoon smirked. "You bet I will."

And for the first time since Yoongi and I fought, I smiled.